My desktop has recently started having issues with the Troubleshooting program built into Win 7. Every single troubleshooter, no matter where or what context it is being used in, stops after a few seconds and gives an error that it cannot continue. Here's what the message looks like:
An error occurred while troubleshooting:
An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard cannot continue.
When I click on the 'View Error Details' underneath this message, here is what I get:
Well I guess I solved my own problem. If anyone in the future finds this thread, here is my solution:
It was an issue with the .NET Framework I had installed on my PC. I went to the Control Panel and went to Uninstall a Program. Then I scrolled down until I found Microsoft .NET Framework and click Uninstall/Change. After that I clicked on Repair instead of remove and that was it. It fixed itself and my troubleshooter is working again.