Is dual channel memory setup?

Measurement wise, how can you tell whether your system is running memory in
dual channel mode?

Thanks in advance.

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing> wrote in message
> Measurement wise, how can you tell whether your system is running memory
> in
> dual channel mode?
>
> Thanks in advance.

It should show "dual channel enabled" or "dual channel mode" or something
like that in the BIOS splash screens. It goes by quick though, and you will
NOT see it if the board isn't running RAM in dual channel. -Dave

In article <Xns957E36EB3F371wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158>, John Doe
says...
> Measurement wise, how can you tell whether your system is running memory in
> dual channel mode?

Benchmark it against running with only one DIMM in. Seriosuly though,
it'll tell you on the POST display.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 07:53:42 -0400, "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net> wrote:

| "John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing> wrote in message
| > Measurement wise, how can you tell whether your system is running memory
| > in
| > dual channel mode?
| >
| > Thanks in advance.
|
| It should show "dual channel enabled" or "dual channel mode" or something
| like that in the BIOS splash screens. It goes by quick though, and you will
| NOT see it if the board isn't running RAM in dual channel. -Dave

The post screen stays a long time if you hit the Pause key as soon as
it comes up. ;-)

Larc

Larc <larc-news@jupiterlink.net> wrote:

> The post screen stays a long time if you hit the Pause key as soon as
> it comes up. ;-)

I think that might depend on your main board. I just tried it and mine
didn't.