Dell Dimension 4600 memory upgrade problem with OCZ module

I bought the OCZ ultra high performance Dual channel kit (2x512MB)
PC3200 item number: OCZ4001024V3DC-K
(http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr_pc_3200_value_series_dual_channel)for
my Dell dimension 4600.

When I installed the memory, the computer is beeping and nothing shows
up.

The memory supported by my dell 4600 can be found here:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4600/en/4600i/sm/specs.htm#1105699

I'd like to know if the OCZ memory I bought is compatible with my
system or I should return it. If it's compatible I'd like to know what
I should do to make it work.

Does anyone have tried to install such a module for a dell 4600?

Thanks,
-Stephane

TJ

Call there tech support. maybe they will let you talk to some one in the US
and not India!

"Stephane" <sdahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I bought the OCZ ultra high performance Dual channel kit (2x512MB)
> PC3200 item number: OCZ4001024V3DC-K
> (http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr_pc_3200_value_series_dual_channel)for
> my Dell dimension 4600.
>
> When I installed the memory, the computer is beeping and nothing shows
> up.
>
> The memory supported by my dell 4600 can be found here:
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4600/en/4600i/sm/specs.htm#1105699
>
> I'd like to know if the OCZ memory I bought is compatible with my
> system or I should return it. If it's compatible I'd like to know what
> I should do to make it work.
>
> Does anyone have tried to install such a module for a dell 4600?
>
> Thanks,
> -Stephane

Tj:

> Call there tech support. maybe they will let you talk to some one in
> the US and not India!

The sad thing is that many of the Indians speak better English than some
Americans.
--
Mac Cool

Their English is very good, but their accent, combined with telephone
quality sound, can make for a difficult support call.