Does windows 7 have a tv tuner

Hello,
I have windows 7 on my pc. I was told i could watch tv on it. Do i have to have something special to do that?
4 answers Last reply
More about does windows tuner
  1. Your computer itself needs to have the hardware that lets you connect an antenna or cable feed. If it has that then you can use the Windows Media Centre application that's built into Windows 7 to record and watch TV.
  2. How can I tell if it has the hardware I need. I am really new at this. thank you for getting back to me. I have Widows 7 on a Toshiba PC. Does that help?
  3. The easiest thing to do is to run Windows Media Centre. The first time it runs it will try to set up the hardware - if it complains that you don't have a TV tuner then that tells you that (a) you don't have the hardware, or (b) you have the hardware but don't have the appropriate drivers for it.

If it complains that you don't have a TV tuner, then run Device Manager (Start -> type "Device Manager" in the search box -> click the "Device Manager" link) and open up the "Sound, video and game controllers" to see what hardware is installed. If you've got a TV tuner in there but no driver then you can right-click it and select "Update Driver Software..."
Ask a new question

Read More

TV Windows 7 Tuner Product