Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 11, 2004 5:44:22 AM

I have a LeadTek WinFast A 340T AGP Video card (nVidia GeForce FX5200) on a
system that I recently built. I just bought a Samsung 16x DVD ROM drive and
tried testing the video. I am seeing that the video output is slightly
jerky. It is clearly noticeable when watching flowing water - after every
3/4 seconds there is a fraction of a second pause before it continues again.
It is also noticeable when the camera is panning a scene, when a person is
running etc.

Can someone suggest how can I troubleshoot this? I un-installed all video
card related software (including the dirvers) and installed the latest
direct x from the micorsoft website. Then I re-installed the video card
software again. Then I installed power dvd.

I still see the same problem. Can it be related to the dvd rom drive? What
else should I check?

Here is my system info:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with the standard retail heatsink on socket 754
MSI K8N Neo FSR mainboard BIOS v1.4
Antec TruPower 380 W PSU and Antec Sonata case
Leadtek WinFast NVidia GeForce FX 5200 AGP Card
1 GB Patriot Ram
160GB SATA drive Western Digital
1 Samsung 16X TS-H352A DVD ROM Drive hooked on to IDE1
1 standard floppy drive
Windows XP

Thanks,
Shantanu Sen

More about : troubleshoot jerky video output

October 11, 2004 5:44:23 AM

DMA is enabled on the MB and in windows?
VIA chipset? VIA drivers?

"Shantanu Sen" <sdsen@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I have a LeadTek WinFast A 340T AGP Video card (nVidia GeForce FX5200) on
> system that I recently built. I just bought a Samsung 16x DVD ROM drive
and
> tried testing the video. I am seeing that the video output is slightly
> jerky. It is clearly noticeable when watching flowing water - after every
> 3/4 seconds there is a fraction of a second pause before it continues
again.
> It is also noticeable when the camera is panning a scene, when a person is
> running etc.
>
> Can someone suggest how can I troubleshoot this? I un-installed all video
> card related software (including the dirvers) and installed the latest
> direct x from the micorsoft website. Then I re-installed the video card
> software again. Then I installed power dvd.
>
> I still see the same problem. Can it be related to the dvd rom drive? What
> else should I check?
>
> Here is my system info:
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with the standard retail heatsink on socket 754
> MSI K8N Neo FSR mainboard BIOS v1.4
> Antec TruPower 380 W PSU and Antec Sonata case
> Leadtek WinFast NVidia GeForce FX 5200 AGP Card
> 1 GB Patriot Ram
> 160GB SATA drive Western Digital
> 1 Samsung 16X TS-H352A DVD ROM Drive hooked on to IDE1
> 1 standard floppy drive
> Windows XP
>

> Thanks,
> Shantanu Sen

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 13, 2004 9:34:57 AM

yes, DMA is enabled both on mb and windows. nVidia chipset and dirvers.