shcreatethreadref error

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, comp.windows.misc, alt.windows-xp, alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

When I boot into Windows XP Pro with SP2, I get an error could not load
the shcreatethreadref at SLHWAPI.dll or something similar. The desktop
never appears. What should I do? I'm not sure how to go back to a
restore point. Last Known Config takes me to the same error, as do all
the other F8 modes (even Safe Mode).
- JB
please reply to jbrandonbb@hotmailremove.com
1 answer Last reply
More about shcreatethreadref error

    probably a spyware malware URL link that's bunk... clean the system

    please don't crosspost to an XP NG the most annoying people hang in
    there.

    <jbrandonbb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When I boot into Windows XP Pro with SP2, I get an error could not
    load
    > the shcreatethreadref at SLHWAPI.dll or something similar. The
    desktop
    > never appears. What should I do? I'm not sure how to go back to a
    > restore point. Last Known Config takes me to the same error, as do
    all
    > the other F8 modes (even Safe Mode).
    > - JB
    > please reply to jbrandonbb@hotmailremove.com