Player bought industries not producing goods

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hi,

Using TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 34.

I bought two industries (a Factory and a Sawmill) and built a couple of
stations around them, one to drop off raw materials and the other to haul
away goods.

The station excepts the raw materials and pays me for them, but the
industries show 0 goods produced from these materials. I've hauled all the
raw materials the station will except (farm and forest and steel mill
output), but still no goods are produced.

Bug, or what? Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

--
Can lactose intolerance eventually lead to lactose-related hate crimes?

Tim

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

No item produced/mined/harvested will show up at a station until a vehicle
that can haul that item is sent to that station. Do you have a train or
truck waiting to haul the goods away?

Klaatu wrote on Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:42:17 GMT:
> Hi,
>
> Using TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 34.
>
> I bought two industries (a Factory and a Sawmill) and built a couple of
> stations around them, one to drop off raw materials and the other to haul
> away goods.
>
> The station excepts the raw materials and pays me for them, but the
> industries show 0 goods produced from these materials. I've hauled all the
> raw materials the station will except (farm and forest and steel mill
> output), but still no goods are produced.
>
> Bug, or what? Does anyone have any ideas?

How close is the station sign to the industry? For deliveries, cargo is
dropped off at the station sign, and if that's too far it never makes it
to the industry even if you're getting paid.

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 06:10:03 GMT, Josef Drexler posted to
alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc:

> How close is the station sign to the industry? For deliveries, cargo
> is dropped off at the station sign, and if that's too far it never
> makes it to the industry even if you're getting paid.

Ah, that could be it; I'll check tonight when I get home. Do you know how
far "too far" is?

It is a rather large station (7x14) with a truck station close to the
industry some distance (12 or so tiles) from the train station. So this
sounds plausible for the cause, as I believe the sign is near the train
station instead of the truck station. I'll try reversing this, destroying
the station and rebuilding it, building the truck station first so the sign
starts close to the industry, then walking the train station the 12 or so
tiles away from that and see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks for the idea on how to fix this Josef.

--
Interviewer: "Can you... destroy the earth?"
The Tick: "EGAD! I *HOPE* not! That's where I keep all my STUFF!"

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 01:52:03 GMT, Tim posted to
alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc:

> No item produced/mined/harvested will show up at a station until a
> vehicle that can haul that item is sent to that station. Do you have a
> train or truck waiting to haul the goods away?

Yes, I do.

However, Josef as usual came up with what I believe is the cause. The sign
for the station is too far from the industry for the materials to be
delivered there. I'll know for sure tonight when I get home and am able to
try to fix it.

--
The meek shall inherit the earth, if nobody minds.

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:43:58 GMT, Klaatu posted to
alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc:

> On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 06:10:03 GMT, Josef Drexler posted to
> alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc:
>
>> How close is the station sign to the industry? For deliveries, cargo
>> is dropped off at the station sign, and if that's too far it never
>> makes it to the industry even if you're getting paid.
>
> Thanks for the idea on how to fix this Josef.

Follow-up: This was indeed the problem. Once I rebuilt the station to place
the sign closer to the industry, everything started working normally.

Thanks again Josef.

--
There are 10 kinds of people, the ones that get binary and the ones that don't.

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

I thought the usual rule of thumb was to place a station 3 squares
from an industry / centre of the town - goods / people wouldn't travel
more than three squares??

Chris

---
www.creapsoft.co.uk