Network drive delay

I have a small network 2x XPPro (laptop & desktop). My problem is that I want
to access my laptop whenever it is connected to my network with a network
drive on my desktop(-computer). When the laptop is not connected file
browsing locks up when explorer believes that after it is important for the
('non-multitasking') user to wait for the network drive even if I did not
intend to use it.

Is there a delay setting or other way to get rid of this annoying lockup?
1 answer Last reply
More about network drive delay

    Your computer is searching to reconnect to the net drive on boot. Uncheck
    "reconnect at logon" in the mapped drive.

    "adk" wrote:

    > I have a small network 2x XPPro (laptop & desktop). My problem is that I want
    > to access my laptop whenever it is connected to my network with a network
    > drive on my desktop(-computer). When the laptop is not connected file
    > browsing locks up when explorer believes that after it is important for the
    > ('non-multitasking') user to wait for the network drive even if I did not
    > intend to use it.
    >
    > Is there a delay setting or other way to get rid of this annoying lockup?

Laptops Network Drive Wireless Networking