Network drive delay

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b D Laptop
July 7, 2005 6:15:05 AM

I have a small network 2x XPPro (laptop & desktop). My problem is that I want
to access my laptop whenever it is connected to my network with a network
drive on my desktop(-computer). When the laptop is not connected file
browsing locks up when explorer believes that after it is important for the
('non-multitasking') user to wait for the network drive even if I did not
intend to use it.

Is there a delay setting or other way to get rid of this annoying lockup?

More about : network drive delay

July 9, 2005 3:57:02 PM

Your computer is searching to reconnect to the net drive on boot. Uncheck
"reconnect at logon" in the mapped drive.

!