2.0.1 alpha 35

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hi all,

Alpha 35 is now available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

As usual it fixes a number of bugs, most importantly the problems and
crashes some people had with new station graphics, and the town buildings
sometimes being built over occupied tiles.

Aside from that, Csaba has improved the new town building support a
little, to allow built-in colour randomization and easier support for the
construction stages by including them in the action 1 definition.

He also wrote another entirely new feature, namely .grf support for new
town name styles. This is enabled by `newtownnames on' (-YN). Now we
just need someone to write a .grf which uses this feature...

Finally, abandonedroads is now a feature which has three different modes,
set by the switch parameter. Mode 0 works as before, where unused roads
become unowned after a while. In mode 1 towns will take over nearby
roads instead of them becoming ownerless after a while, and in mode 2
towns will take over roads in their vicinity instantly.

Enjoy!

Josef.

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 35:
- improved detection of pseudo/real sprite mixups
- improve crash log when drawing new graphics
- improve detection of invalid sprites (this breaks the tropicset)
- fixed crashes due to insufficient array size when station grf sets
cargo triggers
- moved "no command line switch" to separate string and simplified
switch writing
- wait for key after language error too
- fixed bug with water sometimes flooding tiles it shouldn't, with
generalfixes on
- simplified getnewsprite function and changed it to use call tables
- improved utility of veh2 array, and moved
realpower/fullweight/fullaccel variables there
- fixed cash overflow when merging with other company
- fixed problem with some engines being considered obsolete after
2050 and not being autorenewed
- implement non-vehicle, feature specific callbacks with action 3
that has n-id=0
- added callback 18 called by the AI when deciding on a wagon to buy
- fixed bug with action 4 feature 48 not being recognised as valid
- added track type value to station var. 42 (bits 8-15)
- fixed bug with vehicle callbacks of articulated engines not being
set properly
- fixed bug with station selection back arrows not working when they
would skip inactive classes or stations
- made ALLOCEMPTYOFFSETS larger since we were getting close to the
limit
- by Csaba:
* fixed bug causing cities to build houses on occupied tiles
* added newhouses prop 17 to set the four colours available for
random colour translation
* added newhouses prop 18 to set probability of house being
built
* constructions stages are now built into action 1 by using
from 1 to 4 views per set (though using a var.action 2 will
still work)
* new feature, "newtownnames on" (-YN) allows .grfs to define
new town name sets
* abandonedroads now has several modes, mode 0 works as before,
in mode 1 towns will take over nearby roads after a while of
them not being used, and in mode 2 this will happen instantly
- feeder services are now attributed to the right vehicles in the
financial stats
- by chirho: round new currency factors to nicer numbers, fix some
currency symbols and Euro introduction dates
- support more than one new text for newhouses names in action 4
- fix bug in capacity callback, causing callback to have wrong refit
cycle
- thanks to lots of nagging by George, c2 is now set in units of
1/256

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Josef Drexler wrote:

> Finally, abandonedroads is now a feature which has three different modes,
> set by the switch parameter. Mode 0 works as before, where unused roads
> become unowned after a while. In mode 1 towns will take over nearby
> roads instead of them becoming ownerless after a while, and in mode 2
> towns will take over roads in their vicinity instantly.

Is it possible to have a mode 3: give back to nature, where abandoned
road-tiles may be replaced (after a while) by new trees, grassland, etc.?

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

"DJTB" <usenet@terabytemusic.cjb.net> schreef in bericht
> Josef Drexler wrote:
>
> > Finally, abandonedroads is now a feature which has three different
> > modes, set by the switch parameter. Mode 0 works as before, where
> > unused roads become unowned after a while. In mode 1 towns will
> > take over nearby roads instead of them becoming ownerless after a
> > while, and in mode 2 towns will take over roads in their vicinity
> > instantly.
>
> Is it possible to have a mode 3: give back to nature, where abandoned
> road-tiles may be replaced (after a while) by new trees, grassland,
> etc.?

Who do you suppose would pay for the road demolition? Or maybe introduce a
new tile: abandoned road. These will not be maintained or owned by anyone and
can be repaired cheaper than building new road.

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

And may be mode 4 -
roads remain to the company that build them, until the company seise to
exist.

"Hristo Todorov" <igel@bofh.bg> schreef in bericht
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:21:50 +0200, DJTB wrote:
>
> > Josef Drexler wrote:
> >
> >> Finally, abandonedroads is now a feature which has three different
> >> modes, set by the switch parameter. Mode 0 works as before, where
> >> unused roads become unowned after a while. In mode 1 towns will
> >> take over nearby roads instead of them becoming ownerless after a
> >> while, and in mode 2 towns will take over roads in their vicinity
> >> instantly.
> >
> > Is it possible to have a mode 3: give back to nature, where
> > abandoned road-tiles may be replaced (after a while) by new trees,
> > grassland, etc.?
>
> And may be mode 4 -
> roads remain to the company that build them, until the company [cease]
> to exist.

Isn't that the same as "abandonedroads off"?

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

In fact i wanted to say this to happen only when the road is outside of
the city. In the city the roads to be without owner.

Op Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:51:13 GMT schreef Boudewijn Dijkstra:

> "DJTB" <usenet@terabytemusic.cjb.net> schreef in bericht
>> Josef Drexler wrote:
>>
>>> Finally, abandonedroads is now a feature which has three different
>>> modes, set by the switch parameter. Mode 0 works as before, where
>>> unused roads become unowned after a while. In mode 1 towns will
>>> take over nearby roads instead of them becoming ownerless after a
>>> while, and in mode 2 towns will take over roads in their vicinity
>>> instantly.
>>
>> Is it possible to have a mode 3: give back to nature, where abandoned
>> road-tiles may be replaced (after a while) by new trees, grassland,
>> etc.?
>
> Who do you suppose would pay for the road demolition? Or maybe introduce a
> new tile: abandoned road. These will not be maintained or owned by anyone and
> can be repaired cheaper than building new road.

Actually, I like this suggestion. Nobody need pay for the demolition;
nature will take care of that. Have you ever seen what happens if a road is
not used and not maintained? It'll take some years, but sooner or later
it's overgrown and eventually disappears completely.
In the game, this could be done by replacing such a tile first by rubbish
(after, say, 5 years) and then (after another 5 years) by ordinary
grass/mountain/whatever.
--
Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl

New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
Drive A: not responding.. .Formating C: instead

Afoklala wrote:

> Actually, I like this suggestion. Nobody need pay for the demolition;
> nature will take care of that. Have you ever seen what happens if a road
> is not used and not maintained? It'll take some years, but sooner or later
> it's overgrown and eventually disappears completely.
> In the game, this could be done by replacing such a tile first by rubbish
> (after, say, 5 years) and then (after another 5 years) by ordinary
> grass/mountain/whatever.

The same could be done to railways: if the railway is not owned by anyone
(eg: after a competitor goes bankrupt), give it back to nature instead of
removing it completely. (Removing all railways after a bankruptcy is not
realistic)

http://www.urbanadventure.org/2003/2002trip/england/dcp17471.jpg

And if you want to use an abandoned (rail)road, just rebuild it (build on
top of it) and it will be upgraded and you will be the owner (thus maintain
it).

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Dear Josef,
I don't know if you noticed my response to the graphic issue I
encountered with Alpha 34. I just wanted to let you know, that whatever it
was has vanished with Alpha 35.

It seems the whole problem has been some really minor difficulty that
occoured with my individual PC configuration and whatever "bad byte" there
was that triggered it isn't included in Alpha 35 anymore.

I just wanted to let you know and say thanks for the helping thoughts.

Op Sat, 04 Sep 2004 14:37:41 +0200 schreef DJTB:

> Afoklala wrote:
>>
>> Actually, I like this suggestion. Nobody need pay for the demolition;
>> nature will take care of that. Have you ever seen what happens if a road
>> is not used and not maintained? It'll take some years, but sooner or later
>> it's overgrown and eventually disappears completely.
>> In the game, this could be done by replacing such a tile first by rubbish
>> (after, say, 5 years) and then (after another 5 years) by ordinary
>> grass/mountain/whatever.
>
> The same could be done to railways: if the railway is not owned by anyone
> (eg: after a competitor goes bankrupt), give it back to nature instead of
> removing it completely. (Removing all railways after a bankruptcy is not
> realistic)
>
> http://www.urbanadventure.org/2003/2002trip/england/dcp17471.jpg

That is _exactly_ what I meant.

> And if you want to use an abandoned (rail)road, just rebuild it (build on
> top of it) and it will be upgraded and you will be the owner (thus maintain
> it).

Yes.

Op Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:59:01 +0200 schreef Michael Blunck:

> Afoklala schreef:
>
> ["abandoned" railways]
>
>>> http://www.urbanadventure.org/2003/2002trip/england/dcp17471.jpg
>
>> That is _exactly_ what I meant.
>
> What do you think of this one:
>
> http://railfaneurope.net/pix/de/misc/track/misc/Lossa1.jpg

Beau-ti-ful!! Now, THAT I want to see in TTD!
--
Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl

New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
Bend the facts to fit the conclusion. It's easier that way.