Antec SLK3700 case question

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Can anyone tell me how to detach the front bezel from an Antec SLK3700
case? I've got to get it off to install my optic drives. The manual
says to "simply remove the front bezel" but I'm not finding it simple.

I can get the bottom half loose, but the top two corners aren't releasing.
I can't see any way other than brute force to get those two plastic pins
to release, and this plastic is way too fragile to use brute force.

I'd hate to break this thing because of my own stupidity.

Thanks!

jaster

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:18:52 -0700, Max wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to detach the front bezel from an Antec SLK3700
> case? I've got to get it off to install my optic drives. The manual says
> to "simply remove the front bezel" but I'm not finding it simple.
>
> I can get the bottom half loose, but the top two corners aren't releasing.
> I can't see any way other than brute force to get those two plastic pins
> to release, and this plastic is way too fragile to use brute force.
>
> I'd hate to break this thing because of my own stupidity.
>
> Thanks!

The same way you unlock the bottom. As I firmly press the sides I gently
tilt it slightly upwards and wiggle, pull the front loose.

Nice looking case right?

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Matt wrote:
>I'll call it the front panel rather than the front bezel.

I would too, but I was just following the lead of the manual's author. <g>

>With the thumb and middle fingers of one hand press firmly downward on
>the top corners of the front panel while using the other hand to swing
>out the bottom.

Bingo! That was easy once I knew to press down on the top corners. I
wonder why Antec doesn't simply say that in the manual.