A7N8X-VM/400 won't boot

Hi,

I am a noob to the forums so please be patient with me. I have been
doing some searching the last few days to assist me in solving my
problem without success.

I am attempting to build a pc. Here are the specs:

A7N8X-VM/400 mobo (onboard components audio, video, etc)
1x512 MB DDR400 Kingston

My problem is after I installed all the components and fired it up, I
get a series of beeps (morse code-esque). It begins with a long beep
followed by two short beeps. This sequence continues until I power
off. Also, the only way I can power off is by shutting down the
power supply.

I haven't found any problems like this, so I would appreciate any
assistance in helping me troubleshoot my dilema. Again, thanks in
advance.

monkeyboy
2 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x boot

    On 16 Oct 2004 23:02:51 -0400,
    charles_gibson_jr@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (monkeyboy88) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am a noob to the forums so please be patient with me. I have been
    >doing some searching the last few days to assist me in solving my
    >problem without success.
    >
    >I am attempting to build a pc. Here are the specs:
    >
    >A7N8X-VM/400 mobo (onboard components audio, video, etc)
    >1x512 MB DDR400 Kingston
    >
    >My problem is after I installed all the components and fired it up, I
    >get a series of beeps (morse code-esque). It begins with a long beep
    >followed by two short beeps. This sequence continues until I power
    >off. Also, the only way I can power off is by shutting down the
    >power supply.
    >
    >I haven't found any problems like this, so I would appreciate any
    >assistance in helping me troubleshoot my dilema. Again, thanks in
    >advance.
    >
    >monkeyboy

    That's an Asus mb, right? Best to ask in the Asus newsgroup. Could be
    your ram is not seated correctly. One long and two short is usually a
    video problem but you say yours keeps repeating so it could be a ram
    code.

    Better find the Beep Codes for your board/BIOS. It is trying to tell you the
    problem.

    JPS

    "monkeyboy88" <charles_gibson_jr@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:4171e0db$1_1@alt.athenanews.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a noob to the forums so please be patient with me. I have been
    > doing some searching the last few days to assist me in solving my
    > problem without success.
    >
    > I am attempting to build a pc. Here are the specs:
    >
    > A7N8X-VM/400 mobo (onboard components audio, video, etc)
    > 1x512 MB DDR400 Kingston
    >
    > My problem is after I installed all the components and fired it up, I
    > get a series of beeps (morse code-esque). It begins with a long beep
    > followed by two short beeps. This sequence continues until I power
    > off. Also, the only way I can power off is by shutting down the
    > power supply.
    >
    > I haven't found any problems like this, so I would appreciate any
    > assistance in helping me troubleshoot my dilema. Again, thanks in
    > advance.
    >
    > monkeyboy

Homebuilt Systems