A7N8X-VM/400 won't boot

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
October 17, 2004 3:02:51 AM

Hi,

I am a noob to the forums so please be patient with me. I have been
doing some searching the last few days to assist me in solving my
problem without success.

I am attempting to build a pc. Here are the specs:

A7N8X-VM/400 mobo (onboard components audio, video, etc)
1x512 MB DDR400 Kingston

My problem is after I installed all the components and fired it up, I
get a series of beeps (morse code-esque). It begins with a long beep
followed by two short beeps. This sequence continues until I power
off. Also, the only way I can power off is by shutting down the
power supply.

I haven't found any problems like this, so I would appreciate any
assistance in helping me troubleshoot my dilema. Again, thanks in
advance.

monkeyboy

More about : a7n8x 400 boot

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 17, 2004 3:02:52 AM

On 16 Oct 2004 23:02:51 -0400,
charles_gibson_jr@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (monkeyboy88) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am a noob to the forums so please be patient with me. I have been
>doing some searching the last few days to assist me in solving my
>problem without success.
>
>I am attempting to build a pc. Here are the specs:
>
>A7N8X-VM/400 mobo (onboard components audio, video, etc)
>1x512 MB DDR400 Kingston
>
>My problem is after I installed all the components and fired it up, I
>get a series of beeps (morse code-esque). It begins with a long beep
>followed by two short beeps. This sequence continues until I power
>off. Also, the only way I can power off is by shutting down the
>power supply.
>
>I haven't found any problems like this, so I would appreciate any
>assistance in helping me troubleshoot my dilema. Again, thanks in
>advance.
>
>monkeyboy

That's an Asus mb, right? Best to ask in the Asus newsgroup. Could be
your ram is not seated correctly. One long and two short is usually a
video problem but you say yours keeps repeating so it could be a ram
code.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 17, 2004 7:29:54 AM

Better find the Beep Codes for your board/BIOS. It is trying to tell you the
problem.

JPS

"monkeyboy88" <charles_gibson_jr@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:4171e0db$1_1@alt.athenanews.com...