Laptop Hard Drive info needed

What is the largest laptop hard drive they make right now? I can't seem
to find anything larger than 60 gig, but I thought there was an 80 or
100 gig drive available.

Is 5400 RPM the best they can do? Essentially I'm looking for the
largest and fastest laptop hard drive available.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

jad

faster can mean hotter, so sometimes the limits are based on the
ability for that machine to:
be able to power a different drive
fit a drive of the size mentioned
cooling the hardware mentioned(overall cooling)
and the bios handling that size drive

"Bad Bubba" <bad@bubba.com> wrote in message
> What is the largest laptop hard drive they make right now? I can't
seem
> to find anything larger than 60 gig, but I thought there was an 80
or
> 100 gig drive available.
>
> Is 5400 RPM the best they can do? Essentially I'm looking for the
> largest and fastest laptop hard drive available.
>
> Thanks for any help that you can provide.

In article <10n5rf432dq9o75@corp.supernews.com>, Kapasitor@coldmail.com
says...
> faster can mean hotter, so sometimes the limits are based on the
> ability for that machine to:
> be able to power a different drive
> fit a drive of the size mentioned
> cooling the hardware mentioned(overall cooling)
> and the bios handling that size drive

Thanks. It's a brand new "high-end" Dell laptop. Dell sells a 60GB
5400 RPM drive, but they want "too much" for it and I'm looking for
something larger, if available.

I want to be able to download video from my camera and "pre-edit" it
onsite before I move it to my desktop for final editing. Since the
video is in raw format I need LOTs of storage space and external
fireware and USB hard drives are too slow when moving HUGE files around.

Much better performance with the IBM (Hitachi) Travelstar series of drives.
They're cooler and quieter too!