Locomotion demo

Last response: in Video Games
September 4, 2004 10:02:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

For those who haven't noticed yet, you can download a playable demo of
Locomotion now.

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/145228.shtml (w/music, 128MB)
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/145229.shtml (w/o music, 30MB)
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/locomotion/#filelist
http://www.gamershell.com/download_6902.shtml

http://www.filerush.com/torrents/locomotion_demo_usa_gs...

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

More about : locomotion demo

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 12:53:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hi

Anyone tried it? trackbuildung is horrible...no drag and drop. I think
its more uncomfortable than in the old TTD.

Paul
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 3:09:09 AM

Paul Hoppe wrote:

> Anyone tried it? trackbuildung is horrible...no drag and drop. I think
> its more uncomfortable than in the old TTD.

Gets a while to get used to, but I think I like it. It's certainly better
then building the diagonal tracks in TTD...

I couldn't find a way to change the XXX in "wait for full load of XXX"
option - even if the station has been near the ore mine it still wanted to
wait for coal (coal/ore wagons), the same thing happened with
lumber/paper/steel wagons - the only option for XXX has been lumber.

And the time limit for single game is *much* too short.

Jo'Asia

--
english-signature
Related resources

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 21:09:09 GMT, Jo'Asia posted to
alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc:

> Gets a while to get used to, but I think I like it. It's certainly
> better then building the diagonal tracks in TTD...

It is very much like Rollercoaster Tycoon in that regard.

> I couldn't find a way to change the XXX in "wait for full load of XXX"
> option - even if the station has been near the ore mine it still
> wanted to wait for coal (coal/ore wagons), the same thing happened
> with lumber/paper/steel wagons - the only option for XXX has been
> lumber.

Hold down on the button that adds the entry to the list. It took me a bit
to find it as well.

> And the time limit for single game is *much* too short.

Yes, much, much too short.
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 3:58:57 AM

"Paul Hoppe" <praezentor@arcor.de> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Anyone tried it? trackbuildung is horrible...no drag and drop. I think its
> more uncomfortable than in the old TTD.
>
> Paul

Once you get used to the trackbuilding it has got possibilities, but demo is
far too short. Now if we could get curves in to TTDL......

Bob
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 1:41:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Well i read more here than i post sorry folks ;-)
Actually i post sometimes in the mailing list .

So sorry for hopping in :-)
About the Locomotion hm it has a bit the same as Simcity or i remeber that
kind of building stuff..

Next if i only had the Cht:money... ;-)
And the rest it looks not that bad.. if the full game is out i will try
agian for sure.

!