Setting up a Wirless Network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 8, 2005 12:02:46 PM

Hi guys,
Just a basic question, I am new to wireless networking, infact I have the
hardware and just need some advice. When installing/setting up the wireless
network, do I set up the hardware first according to the manufacturers
instructions, or do I use the wireless networking setup in the control panel
if so what order, sorry about this question, but I got to start somewhere.
Thanks for any advice you can give me
Regards
BH2
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 8, 2005 12:02:47 PM

Follow the instructions for setting up your network that are provided by the
manufacturer of your equipment. The Windows Help and Support library is
full of useful information on setting up networks. Google is your best
resource for information.

"BH2" <furness850@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
> Just a basic question, I am new to wireless networking, infact I have
> the hardware and just need some advice. When installing/setting up the
> wireless network, do I set up the hardware first according to the
> manufacturers instructions, or do I use the wireless networking setup in
> the control panel if so what order, sorry about this question, but I got
> to start somewhere. Thanks for any advice you can give me
> Regards
> BH2

July 8, 2005 12:02:47 PM

Hi
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

> Hi guys,
> Just a basic question, I am new to wireless networking, infact I have
the
> hardware and just need some advice. When installing/setting up the
wireless
> network, do I set up the hardware first according to the manufacturers
> instructions, or do I use the wireless networking setup in the control
panel
> if so what order, sorry about this question, but I got to start
somewhere.
> Thanks for any advice you can give me
> Regards
> BH2

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 8, 2005 6:24:25 PM

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated
Regards
Bob

!