COMPAQ 7360 MOTHERBOARD REPLACEMENT ?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I still have a Compaq 7360 that my mother uses. Can I get a generic
motherboard to fit in it?. I remember years ago all the factory brand
PCs had propritary motherboards. Does anybody know about this Compaq?
and it's case?

jad

if its the type of board that has a 'riser' on it, then finding a
board that will fit will be impossible. Less its the same Identical
board.

"James" <atlantic965@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I still have a Compaq 7360 that my mother uses. Can I get a generic
> motherboard to fit in it?. I remember years ago all the factory
brand
> PCs had propritary motherboards. Does anybody know about this
Compaq?
> and it's case?

Compaq's, like other major manufacturer's use PROPRIETARY motherboards. So
you cannot use a generic.

--
DaveW

"James" <atlantic965@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I still have a Compaq 7360 that my mother uses. Can I get a generic
> motherboard to fit in it?. I remember years ago all the factory brand
> PCs had propritary motherboards. Does anybody know about this Compaq?
> and it's case?

In this case you CAN fit a generic motherboard. This uses a socket 7
(baby ATX?) MBD not manufactured by Compaq..

Declan