a7v8x-x wont boot

i just bought an asus a7v8x-x, amd 2600+, ati radeon 9600 pro 256mb
and a stick of pc3200 ram. i built the machine and started it up and
NOTHING. the mobo and drives get power, the vidoe card gets power,
but it wont post and it wont beep or show anything on the monitor.
any help would be appreciated.

tre

slayallfauxs@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (treslayer) wrote in

> i just bought an asus a7v8x-x, amd 2600+, ati radeon 9600 pro 256mb
> and a stick of pc3200 ram. i built the machine and started it up and
> NOTHING. the mobo and drives get power, the vidoe card gets power,
> but it wont post and it wont beep or show anything on the monitor.
> any help would be appreciated.
>
> tre

Greetings.

I had the same problem with my A7N8X Deluxe. I believe it's a BIOS
problem.

You may need to change the mobo or verify the the mobo is not making a
short circuit somewhere with the case.

--
Take care.

roadster3043

ICQ 154116780
Yahoo intuxicated
MSN jmfix at hotmail dot com
AIM roadster3043

"treslayer" <slayallfauxs@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>i just bought an asus a7v8x-x, amd 2600+, ati radeon 9600 pro 256mb
> and a stick of pc3200 ram. i built the machine and started it up and
> NOTHING. the mobo and drives get power, the vidoe card gets power,
> but it wont post and it wont beep or show anything on the monitor.
> any help would be appreciated.
>
> tre

Make and model number of power supply? -Dave