Unknown Flash Type

pat

Expert

I get the above message when booting.
System boots okay and appears to work normally.
New AMD Athlon 64 bit 3000+ processor and ECS 755-A2 motherboard.
Any suggestions? Ignore? Return the motherboard for a new one?

jad

UG! ECS and that bois/cmos thing is like a plague.....have you tried
resetting cmos?
I don't know if ECS has that 'protection' feature as jps has
mentioned, but if it has that's a good place to start

"Pat" <dancing@onlinemac.removecom> wrote in message
> I get the above message when booting.
> System boots okay and appears to work normally.
> New AMD Athlon 64 bit 3000+ processor and ECS 755-A2 motherboard.
> Any suggestions? Ignore? Return the motherboard for a new one?

"Pat" <dancing@onlinemac.removecom> wrote in message
> I get the above message when booting.
> System boots okay and appears to work normally.
> New AMD Athlon 64 bit 3000+ processor and ECS 755-A2 motherboard.
> Any suggestions? Ignore? Return the motherboard for a new one?

Check the BIOS PROTECT JUMPER. Appears to be in a protect mode.

JPS

pat

Expert

Thanks. I think my troubles may have began when I accidently pulled the
jumper off the bios protect when unplugging the floppy. Moving the jumper
to disable and clearing cmos seems to have done the trick.