Help:Brother Printer HL 1240

My printer has suddenly started to put black vertical bars down the
page...what has caused this and how can I fix it?
Thankyou
3 answers Last reply
More about help brother printer 1240

    Same as 1440HL time to refill or replace toner cartridge and clean drum

    "SonyBoy" <sonyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My printer has suddenly started to put black vertical bars down the
    > page...what has caused this and how can I fix it?
    > Thankyou

    Will do that.

    > Will do that.

    Like I said I own two 1440HL which use same drum and toner. Always works
    for me so far. Pay attention to the step of cleaning out old toner residue
    BEFORE you put in new toner in the cartrudge as this printer has no waste
    tank for toner. And I am assuming the black streaks are more like a grey
    dirty look to printed pages in streaks and not well defined dark lines.

    Let me know how it goes for you

    Tom

Printers Brother Peripherals