Help:Brother Printer HL 1240

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 12, 2004 1:14:38 PM

My printer has suddenly started to put black vertical bars down the
page...what has caused this and how can I fix it?
Thankyou

More about : brother printer 1240

September 12, 2004 9:40:37 PM

Same as 1440HL time to refill or replace toner cartridge and clean drum

"SonyBoy" <sonyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My printer has suddenly started to put black vertical bars down the
> page...what has caused this and how can I fix it?
> Thankyou

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 2:08:41 AM

Will do that.
September 13, 2004 6:54:13 AM

> Will do that.

Like I said I own two 1440HL which use same drum and toner. Always works
for me so far. Pay attention to the step of cleaning out old toner residue
BEFORE you put in new toner in the cartrudge as this printer has no waste
tank for toner. And I am assuming the black streaks are more like a grey
dirty look to printed pages in streaks and not well defined dark lines.

Let me know how it goes for you

Tom
!