PCI USB card for older PC in the UK?

BillL

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

Hello all

A friend wants to buy a digital camera for her partner and be able to
transfer pictures to their PC. The PC is around 5/6 years old and doesn't
have USB ports so I thought the simple solution would be to buy a PCI USB
card. The problem is that the cards I've looked at so far require PCI 2.2
compliant slots - is it possible to buy a PCI USB card for an older PC in
the UK?

TIA

BillL

In article <IKMed.14138$xb.12460@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, BillL
says...
> Hello all
>
> A friend wants to buy a digital camera for her partner and be able to
> transfer pictures to their PC. The PC is around 5/6 years old and doesn't
> have USB ports so I thought the simple solution would be to buy a PCI USB
> card. The problem is that the cards I've looked at so far require PCI 2.2
> compliant slots - is it possible to buy a PCI USB card for an older PC in
> the UK?

It will work perfectly fine in that computer. I've put them in old
Pentium clunkers before.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.