Computer clock problem

I am having problems with the clock on my computer. I will synch. it with
one of the online sources before I go to bed, but when I wake up, it is
already two to three hours behind the current time. Any recommendations on
how I can remedy this? I've had this happen before, but just let it go.
It's starting to bug me this time, though. Any help is appreciated.

Have you checked out the battery on your motherboard to see if it needs to
be replaced?

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net
"Curtis Gilchrist" <ReveilleBoY@charter.net> wrote in message
>I am having problems with the clock on my computer. I will synch. it with
> one of the online sources before I go to bed, but when I wake up, it is
> already two to three hours behind the current time. Any recommendations
> on
> how I can remedy this? I've had this happen before, but just let it go.
> It's starting to bug me this time, though. Any help is appreciated.

"Curtis Gilchrist" <ReveilleBoY@charter.net> wrote in message
> I am having problems with the clock on my computer. I will synch. it with
> one of the online sources before I go to bed, but when I wake up, it is
> already two to three hours behind the current time. Any recommendations
on
> how I can remedy this? I've had this happen before, but just let it go.
> It's starting to bug me this time, though. Any help is appreciated.

If it is losing time when powered off, is CMOS battery. if loses while
running, is badly written software causing windows to miss clock ticks. you
will need to find by elimination.

TJ

Do you leave computer on at night? Maybe power saver is doing it. Try
rebooting and see if the time will readjust.