Works wireless network

Ive brought my laptop into work and work like to connect it to our works
wireless network. Ive got a wireless card and in my network connections i can
see our works wireless connection and it says im connected. However when i
run a ping or try to connect to the internet its a no go. Do i need to
configure my laptop to be part of our works domain as currently its just a
workgroup to enable me to use our works connection? If so how do i connect
to our works domain?

It sounds like you have a misconfigured WPA or WEP key...

What happens when you go to a command prompt (Start=>Run=>cmd) and
type in ipconfig (press enter)? Do you have an IP address defined for
the wireless connection, or is it 0.0.0.0, or 169.x.x.x? If so, try
removing your settings for the network and try again.
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)