Locomotion question

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

How in the name of hell do you remove bus passenger stops without
demolishing the city?
6 answers Last reply
More about locomotion question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    "Guardian Pegasus" <pope@holysee.va> wrote in message
    > How in the name of hell do you remove bus passenger stops without
    > demolishing the city?

    Enter bus stop build mode... Then search for that one pixel on the bus stop
    that will let you demolish it (it'll indicate that you can remove the
    station on the bottom). Then, you can right click and demolish it.

    The same procedure can be used to remove train signals. It's a little
    tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you'll figure it out!

    Matthew
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    "Matthew Clark" <clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Guardian Pegasus" <pope@holysee.va> wrote in message
    > > How in the name of hell do you remove bus passenger stops without
    > > demolishing the city?
    >
    > Enter bus stop build mode... Then search for that one pixel on the bus
    stop
    > that will let you demolish it (it'll indicate that you can remove the
    > station on the bottom). Then, you can right click and demolish it.
    >
    > The same procedure can be used to remove train signals. It's a little
    > tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you'll figure it out!
    >
    > Matthew

    'one pixel' is right! Then (assuming success) immediately you're back in
    placement mode so the signal/bus stop appears in 'ghost' again. Have you
    removed the object ? . . . you move the mouse to be sure. Yes you have, but
    feedback was not intuitive.

    --
    Mark
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:49:07 GMT, "Matthew Clark"
    <clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Enter bus stop build mode... Then search for that one pixel on the bus stop
    >that will let you demolish it (it'll indicate that you can remove the
    >station on the bottom). Then, you can right click and demolish it.
    >
    >The same procedure can be used to remove train signals. It's a little
    >tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you'll figure it out!

    Aha... lol... that's really silly. Looks like I have the most success
    by clicking the top of the little red signs.

    Thanks Matthew!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    > On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:49:07 GMT, "Matthew Clark"
    > <clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Enter bus stop build mode... Then search for that one pixel on the bus
    >>stop
    >>that will let you demolish it (it'll indicate that you can remove the
    >>station on the bottom). Then, you can right click and demolish it.
    >>
    >>The same procedure can be used to remove train signals. It's a little
    >>tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you'll figure it out!
    >
    > Aha... lol... that's really silly. Looks like I have the most success
    > by clicking the top of the little red signs.
    >
    > Thanks Matthew!

    Your welcome... Incidentely, I can't figure out how to do it in a big city
    with lots of tall buildings without destroying the buildings around it.
    Frequently the buildings are too high to even see the station. If you use
    the "hide buildings" view and right click where you're supposed to, you end
    up blowing up the building. It's rather ridiculous actually... I should only
    be able to blow up buildings if I'm in "clear land" mode.

    It's just one of the many things which Locomotion could have been a lot
    better on...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:04:12 GMT, "Matthew Clark"
    <clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Your welcome... Incidentely, I can't figure out how to do it in a big city
    >with lots of tall buildings without destroying the buildings around it.

    Me neither... only way I've found is to bulldoze a biggie or keep
    swinging around til you find an open angle...
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:04:12 GMT, "Matthew Clark"
    > <clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Your welcome... Incidentely, I can't figure out how to do it in a big city
    >>with lots of tall buildings without destroying the buildings around it.
    >

    > Me neither... only way I've found is to bulldoze a biggie or keep
    > swinging around til you find an open angle...

    Its really quite ridiculous that in hide buildings mode you can still
    destroy buildings/trees when trying to pick up construction or demolish
    something. Then when you get these massive cities its time for subway,
    but godamn you don't want to have to edit that!

Bus Games Video Games