Locomotion question

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

How in the name of hell do you remove bus passenger stops without
demolishing the city?

"Guardian Pegasus" <pope@holysee.va> wrote in message
> How in the name of hell do you remove bus passenger stops without
> demolishing the city?

Enter bus stop build mode... Then search for that one pixel on the bus stop
that will let you demolish it (it'll indicate that you can remove the
station on the bottom). Then, you can right click and demolish it.

The same procedure can be used to remove train signals. It's a little
tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you'll figure it out!

Matthew

"Matthew Clark" <clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Guardian Pegasus" <pope@holysee.va> wrote in message
> > How in the name of hell do you remove bus passenger stops without
> > demolishing the city?
>
> Enter bus stop build mode... Then search for that one pixel on the bus
stop
> that will let you demolish it (it'll indicate that you can remove the
> station on the bottom). Then, you can right click and demolish it.
>
> The same procedure can be used to remove train signals. It's a little
> tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you'll figure it out!
>
> Matthew

'one pixel' is right! Then (assuming success) immediately you're back in
placement mode so the signal/bus stop appears in 'ghost' again. Have you
removed the object ? . . . you move the mouse to be sure. Yes you have, but
feedback was not intuitive.

--
Mark

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:49:07 GMT, "Matthew Clark"
<clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Enter bus stop build mode... Then search for that one pixel on the bus stop
>that will let you demolish it (it'll indicate that you can remove the
>station on the bottom). Then, you can right click and demolish it.
>
>The same procedure can be used to remove train signals. It's a little
>tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you'll figure it out!

Aha... lol... that's really silly. Looks like I have the most success
by clicking the top of the little red signs.

Thanks Matthew!

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:49:07 GMT, "Matthew Clark"
> <clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Enter bus stop build mode... Then search for that one pixel on the bus
>>stop
>>that will let you demolish it (it'll indicate that you can remove the
>>station on the bottom). Then, you can right click and demolish it.
>>
>>The same procedure can be used to remove train signals. It's a little
>>tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you'll figure it out!
>
> Aha... lol... that's really silly. Looks like I have the most success
> by clicking the top of the little red signs.
>
> Thanks Matthew!

Your welcome... Incidentely, I can't figure out how to do it in a big city
with lots of tall buildings without destroying the buildings around it.
Frequently the buildings are too high to even see the station. If you use
the "hide buildings" view and right click where you're supposed to, you end
up blowing up the building. It's rather ridiculous actually... I should only
be able to blow up buildings if I'm in "clear land" mode.

It's just one of the many things which Locomotion could have been a lot
better on...

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:04:12 GMT, "Matthew Clark"
<clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Your welcome... Incidentely, I can't figure out how to do it in a big city
>with lots of tall buildings without destroying the buildings around it.

Me neither... only way I've found is to bulldoze a biggie or keep
swinging around til you find an open angle...

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:04:12 GMT, "Matthew Clark"
> <clarkbhm@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Your welcome... Incidentely, I can't figure out how to do it in a big city
>>with lots of tall buildings without destroying the buildings around it.
>

> Me neither... only way I've found is to bulldoze a biggie or keep
> swinging around til you find an open angle...

Its really quite ridiculous that in hide buildings mode you can still
destroy buildings/trees when trying to pick up construction or demolish
something. Then when you get these massive cities its time for subway,
but godamn you don't want to have to edit that!