Help please!

Hi everyone,
Can anyone shed some light on this problem, I've a Lexmark Z25 printer I
originally had a colour cartridge that came with the printer that ran out,
and I replace it with a black cartridge only, the problem is now the
computer is saying that there is a communication problem between the
computer and the printer,nothing's changed I've test new usb leads
reinstalled the driver so the question is MUST you have a colour cartridge
fitted at all times to cure the problem?

Regards

Purplepatcher

that would be my guess. Also you may have piped black ink through the color
nozzles which my cause you some problems, atleast till you flush out the
black.

Mango