Modding Q: Stand-alone fans

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm a noob to modding and have some
questions, TIA.

1. What are some of the ways to power a stand-alone AC fan array
WITHOUT using the psu?
2. What is the best way to get power to stand-alone fans besides psu?

I build entertainment centers and would like to get a better idea on
how to handle "spot" thermal issues. Read Maximum PC for about a year
now and would like to start modding... any websites for newbies?

agp

Willie Buck Merle wrote:
> Modding Q: Stand-alone fans
>
> Hello,
>
> Hope everyone is doing well. I'm a noob to modding and have some
> questions, TIA.
>
> 1. What are some of the ways to power a stand-alone AC fan array
> WITHOUT using the psu?

What do you mean 'without using the PSU'? You said they're A.C. fans so
they couldn't be powered 'using the PSU' whether you wanted to or not.

> 2. What is the best way to get power to stand-alone fans besides psu?

Using A.C.

If you're asking how to get them to go on and off along with the P.C., use
a relay to switch the A.C. to them that activates on 12 volt power being up.

> I build entertainment centers and would like to get a better idea on
> how to handle "spot" thermal issues. Read Maximum PC for about a year
> now and would like to start modding... any websites for newbies?
>
> agp

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

TRENDING THREADS