Hey, This is my first post on this site. I am trying to build my
first computer and am having some difficulty. I am running an AMD
Barton 2600+ with 120gig HD, 512 DDR2700 ram, nvidia mx-440, on a ASUS
A7N8X deluxe motherboard.
I am having roughly 3 problems. The major problem being that it
freezes at any given moment. It freezes when I try to download
acrobat reader, or it just now froze when I tried to update my video
driver. It will also freeze when I start it up sometime. I am
completely lost and wish it would work because it is so much less ROME
TW time.

Problem 2 Also when I boot up it says:

64.0 mb RAM
nvidia...

Primary Drive not found
Secondary Drive not found

I have both a cd-rw and a dvd rom installed and one set to primary
master and one set to secondary.
I also cannot acces the SATA Raid, or the AWDFLASH utility from my
motherboard at the very beginning of start up. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Royalk4

p.s. I am a huge newb so the easier/ more complete the prescription
the better. Thanks again

toy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

"royalk4" <royalk4@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> Hey, This is my first post on this site. I am trying to build my
> first computer and am having some difficulty. I am running an AMD
> Barton 2600+ with 120gig HD, 512 DDR2700 ram, nvidia mx-440, on a ASUS
> A7N8X deluxe motherboard.
> I am having roughly 3 problems. The major problem being that it
> freezes at any given moment. It freezes when I try to download
> acrobat reader, or it just now froze when I tried to update my video
> driver. It will also freeze when I start it up sometime. I am
> completely lost and wish it would work because it is so much less ROME
> TW time.
>
> Problem 2 Also when I boot up it says:
>
> 64.0 mb RAM
> nvidia...
>

> Primary Drive not found
> Secondary Drive not found
>
> I have both a cd-rw and a dvd rom installed and one set to primary
> master and one set to secondary.
> I also cannot acces the SATA Raid, or the AWDFLASH utility from my
> motherboard at the very beginning of start up. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance, Royalk4
>
> p.s. I am a huge newb so the easier/ more complete the prescription
> the better. Thanks again

PSU faulty or not man enough perhaps.

toy