1394 PCI Card with internal pinout?

I have a case that has a front IEEE 1394 port. The connector socket
provided needs a pinout connection - basically it is meant to be used
with a mainboard that has 1394 firewire support.

I do not have such a motherboard and am trying to get a PCI card that
has some external ports but at least one internal pinout port that I
can connect with the connector of the case. But in the stores I cannot
find any such card. All the cards that have internal port has a
regular port and not a pinout.

Any pointers to what manufactures build these type of cards? Or is
there any adapter that I can use to connect the case connector to the
internal firewire port?

Thanks,
Shantanu Sen
1 answer Last reply
More about 1394 card internal pinout

    I did the same thing. I used an Antec case and a Microwise internal
    firewire card from ZipZoomFly. They didn't even list the internal port as
    being on the card, but I could see it in the picture on the website. I used
    an adapter cable from www.frontx.com to hook the card to the internal port
    on the PC case. All is well.

    By the way, frontx sold me the adapter shipped for like $7. It arrived from
    Taiwan, odd airmail envelope, I think the cost of shipping was $13 (if I
    remember correctly). Again, they charged me $7 for the adapter AND
    shipping.

    --Dan

    "Shantanu Sen" <sdsen@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > I have a case that has a front IEEE 1394 port. The connector socket
    > provided needs a pinout connection - basically it is meant to be used
    > with a mainboard that has 1394 firewire support.
    >
    > I do not have such a motherboard and am trying to get a PCI card that
    > has some external ports but at least one internal pinout port that I
    > can connect with the connector of the case. But in the stores I cannot
    > find any such card. All the cards that have internal port has a
    > regular port and not a pinout.
    >
    > Any pointers to what manufactures build these type of cards? Or is
    > there any adapter that I can use to connect the case connector to the
    > internal firewire port?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shantanu Sen

Homebuilt Cases Connection Systems