Locomotion. Service interval?

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hello everybody.
I have a serious problem with locomotion. there is something like "service
interval" like in TTDX?
My trains has **only 6-7 years**, and has around 5-10% of reliability!! All
trains are continuosly in breakdown, and breakdowns can't be disabled.
The unique way I know it's to buy a new engine for every train, but it's
really tedious, and every 6 years it's really pathetic.
There is some kind of "service interval", or it's simple another
Locomotion's bug?
Thanks.

"Wefer" <weferQUITAR@wefer.com> wrote in message
> Hello everybody.
> I have a serious problem with locomotion. there is something like "service
> interval" like in TTDX?
> My trains has **only 6-7 years**, and has around 5-10% of reliability!!
All
> trains are continuosly in breakdown, and breakdowns can't be disabled.
> The unique way I know it's to buy a new engine for every train, but it's
> really tedious, and every 6 years it's really pathetic.
> There is some kind of "service interval", or it's simple another
> Locomotion's bug?
> Thanks.

One thing I noticed is that at some point more cars added to trains lowers
reliability. It may be that pulling lots of cars beyond the engines rating
puts extra wear on locomotives. I don't know what the intended wear rate of
locomotives is supposed to be but compared to buses they are ironmen. Trams
on the other hand don't seem to ever wear out and I run them into the
ground.