no internet

hi
i have set up my wireless network using 2 pen sized usb wireless adaptors
and a ibm t30 laptop with built in wireless

the problem i am having is the network seems to be fine as all the computers
can see each other i can transfer files without a problem
but i cannot get a internet on my secondary pc or the laptop i had the same
setup running befor on sp1 but cant seem to manage it since i installed sp2

any help would be great as i dont want to format and install sp1 version again

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
What is the nature of your Internet connection, and how you are connected to
it?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ford fairlane" <ford fairlane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> i have set up my wireless network using 2 pen sized usb wireless adaptors
> and a ibm t30 laptop with built in wireless
>
> the problem i am having is the network seems to be fine as all the
computers
> can see each other i can transfer files without a problem
> but i cannot get a internet on my secondary pc or the laptop i had the
same
> setup running befor on sp1 but cant seem to manage it since i installed
sp2

> any help would be great as i dont want to format and install sp1 version
again

my internet connection is a cable modem and connected by ethernet cable on my
main pc

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi
> What is the nature of your Internet connection, and how you are connected to
> it?
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "ford fairlane" <ford fairlane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> > i have set up my wireless network using 2 pen sized usb wireless adaptors
> > and a ibm t30 laptop with built in wireless
> >
> > the problem i am having is the network seems to be fine as all the
> computers
> > can see each other i can transfer files without a problem
> > but i cannot get a internet on my secondary pc or the laptop i had the
> same
> > setup running befor on sp1 but cant seem to manage it since i installed
> sp2
> >
> > any help would be great as i dont want to format and install sp1 version
> again

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
If you would like a stable flexible Wireless Network you should get a
Wireless Cable/DSL Router and configure the system as a real peer to peer:
http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
Otherwise:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
mspx

> my internet connection is a cable modem and connected by ethernet cable on
my
> main pc
>
> "Jack" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > What is the nature of your Internet connection, and how you are
connected to
> > it?
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >

> > "ford fairlane" <ford fairlane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > hi
> > > i have set up my wireless network using 2 pen sized usb wireless
adaptors
> > > and a ibm t30 laptop with built in wireless
> > >
> > > the problem i am having is the network seems to be fine as all the
> > computers
> > > can see each other i can transfer files without a problem
> > > but i cannot get a internet on my secondary pc or the laptop i had the
> > same
> > > setup running befor on sp1 but cant seem to manage it since i
installed
> > sp2
> > >
> > > any help would be great as i dont want to format and install sp1
version
> > again

cheers ill give that a bash