lee

just built a puter using abit va-10 km400 mobo with amd sempron2500+
processor,where can i find the settings to run at the correct speed
TIA, Lee

These things are usually automatically set these days.. if you're unsure see
the mothboard manual and put the correct settings in the BIOS. You should
see the processor identified and shown on the screen at bootup. If this
matches with what the cpu acturally is then all should be well.

Regards,
Simon

Lee wrote:

> just built a puter using abit va-10 km400 mobo with amd sempron2500+
> processor,where can i find the settings to run at the correct speed
> TIA, Lee

lee

what speed is the sempron 2500+ supposed to run at? I,ve set the speed in
bios & it now seems to be running at 1.8ghz does this sound right

"Lee" <leetunstillREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> what speed is the sempron 2500+ supposed to run at? I,ve set the speed in
> bios & it now seems to be running at 1.8ghz does this sound right

Well the first site that came to mind was amd.com.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_11599_11604,00.html

2500+ = 1.75 Ghz. Looks like you're good to go. (It's all a marketing ploy.)