where is cmos battery on Aopen ap5vm

Help. I can';t find the cmos battery on a friend's computer. Sure
makes me feel/look dumb!!! It's an old desktop, homebuilt, with an Aopen
AP5VM board. Thanks for any & all help. s

In article <10o29mp235arp7d@corp.supernews.com>,
sdlomi2 <sdlomi2spamfree@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Help. I can';t find the cmos battery on a friend's computer. Sure
>makes me feel/look dumb!!! It's an old desktop, homebuilt, with an Aopen
>AP5VM board. Thanks for any & all help. s

If its old enough, the battery may not be on the board. Look for a
small block, about the size of a 9v battery connected to the mobo with 2
wires. It may be fastened to something with mounting tape.

If so, you may not be able to find that type anymore, and you will have
to build one out of AAA alkalines mounted in a rat shack (or similar)
battery holder.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67

TRENDING THREADS