Internal pinout in 1394 PCI Card?

I have a case that has a front IEEE 1394 port and the connector is a multi
pin socket - basically is it meant to be connected to the corresponding
pinout on the mboard.

Now my mboard does not have 1394 ports installed, and I am looking at buying
a PCI card that has rear ports and an internal pinout so that I can
utilize my front port. But the problem is I cannot find such a card in any
of the stores that I looked at. All the cards that have 1 internal port is a
regular internal 1394 port (probably to be connected to an internal hard
disk?) but not a pinout.

Can anyone point to such a PCI card that has external 1394 ports and one
internal pinout similar to a mboard so that I can connect the cable to it?
Any manufacturers/online places that I need to look at?

Or is there any adapter that can be used to connect the connector to the
internal port?

Thanks for any info.

Shantanu Sen

"Shantanu Sen" <sdsen@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I have a case that has a front IEEE 1394 port and the connector is a multi
> pin socket - basically is it meant to be connected to the corresponding
> pinout on the mboard.
>
> Now my mboard does not have 1394 ports installed, and I am looking at
> buying
> a PCI card that has rear ports and an internal pinout so that I can
> utilize my front port. But the problem is I cannot find such a card in any
> of the stores that I looked at. All the cards that have 1 internal port is
> regular internal 1394 port (probably to be connected to an internal hard
> disk?) but not a pinout.
>
> Can anyone point to such a PCI card that has external 1394 ports and one
> internal pinout similar to a mboard so that I can connect the cable to it?
> Any manufacturers/online places that I need to look at?
>
> Or is there any adapter that can be used to connect the connector to the
> internal port?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> Shantanu Sen

I have my Antec 1040 mid tower front case 1394 port, connected to the
internal firewire header pins on my SB Audigy (1) soundcard.
Wire (mapped) connections for the individual pins on the soundcard can be
found on the Creative Support Knowledge Base.

Matt