Best CPU cooler for Intel LGA775?

I recently built a new system with a 3.0 GHz Intel LGA775 processor. I'm
using the stock Intel heatsink/fan right now, but would like to upgrade
to a 3rd party solution that offers better cooling. Doesn't need to be
silent, but I would rather it not be excessively loud. One that looks
sort of okay is a plus, as I have a windowed case. I'll spend up to $50
- $60 US. I was checking out this Gigabyte cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-128-003.
Any feedback or other suggestions for quality cooling that's LGA775
compatible?

jad

temps with the stock cooler that are out of range would be?

"JAD" <hrhackthatspam@witchiepoo.com> wrote in message
> temps with the stock cooler that are out of range would be?
>
> "X Offender" <nospamplease@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I recently built a new system with a 3.0 GHz Intel LGA775 processor. I'm
>> using the stock Intel heatsink/fan right now, but would like to upgrade
>> to a 3rd party solution that offers better cooling. Doesn't need to be
>> silent, but I would rather it not be excessively loud. One that looks
>> sort of okay is a plus, as I have a windowed case. I'll spend up to $50
>> - $60 US. I was checking out this Gigabyte cooler:
>> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-128-003.
>> Any feedback or other suggestions for quality cooling that's LGA775
>> compatible?

Thermalright and Thermaltake have excellent ones, also Coolermaster. Check
them at Newegg.

JAD wrote:
> temps with the stock cooler that are out of range would be?

My current temps aren't terrible, but I think they could be better. My
machine's idling in the mid to high 40's, and can get up into the 60's
under load. It also seems like the computer occasionally starts to
behave erratically when it's been up and running for too long, and I'm
thinking that may be temperature-related.

TRENDING THREADS