Problem installing wireless USB Adapter

I have a NetGear MA111 Wireless USB Adapter (I know, it's old...) which I'm
trying to install on a new (6-9 mos.) Dell Dimension 4700 w/Windows XP Home
and I can't get it to install the drivers because it's not digitally signed.
When I try to ignore the warning (which is what NetGear suggested) I get the
blue screen which is very scarey! :^)

I saw a posting from 12/04 and went to the link in one of the answers that
showed the artical on BAD POOL HEADERS and yup...that's my problem. At the
top of that page it said **2/27/05 - New drivers have been realeased for
Netgear Adapters... but when I click on that link I get the "Not Found..."
message.

So, my question(s) --
Would new drivers fix my problem?
If so, and they are out there, where can I find them?
Should I just trash the NetGear and buy something else? If so, what??

Any and all help will be appreciated but please keep it simple I only speak
basic "computer".

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem installing wireless adapter

    Never mind...I fixed it myself (for now anyway) but thanks. If anyone is
    interested I Googled NetGear Problems and found a fix. Guess I should have
    done that to begin with. Thanks.

    "rfs" wrote:

    > I have a NetGear MA111 Wireless USB Adapter (I know, it's old...) which I'm
    > trying to install on a new (6-9 mos.) Dell Dimension 4700 w/Windows XP Home
    > and I can't get it to install the drivers because it's not digitally signed.
    > When I try to ignore the warning (which is what NetGear suggested) I get the
    > blue screen which is very scarey! :^)
    >
    > I saw a posting from 12/04 and went to the link in one of the answers that
    > showed the artical on BAD POOL HEADERS and yup...that's my problem. At the
    > top of that page it said **2/27/05 - New drivers have been realeased for
    > Netgear Adapters... but when I click on that link I get the "Not Found..."
    > message.
    >
    > So, my question(s) --
    > Would new drivers fix my problem?
    > If so, and they are out there, where can I find them?
    > Should I just trash the NetGear and buy something else? If so, what??
    >
    > Any and all help will be appreciated but please keep it simple I only speak
    > basic "computer".
    >
    > Thanks.

    Google is your friend... :)
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
    http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:58:02 -0700, rfs <rfs@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:

    >Never mind...I fixed it myself (for now anyway) but thanks. If anyone is
    >interested I Googled NetGear Problems and found a fix. Guess I should have
    >done that to begin with. Thanks.
    >
    >"rfs" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a NetGear MA111 Wireless USB Adapter (I know, it's old...) which I'm
    >> trying to install on a new (6-9 mos.) Dell Dimension 4700 w/Windows XP Home
    >> and I can't get it to install the drivers because it's not digitally signed.
    >> When I try to ignore the warning (which is what NetGear suggested) I get the
    >> blue screen which is very scarey! :^)
    >>
    >> I saw a posting from 12/04 and went to the link in one of the answers that
    >> showed the artical on BAD POOL HEADERS and yup...that's my problem. At the
    >> top of that page it said **2/27/05 - New drivers have been realeased for
    >> Netgear Adapters... but when I click on that link I get the "Not Found..."
    >> message.
    >>
    >> So, my question(s) --
    >> Would new drivers fix my problem?
    >> If so, and they are out there, where can I find them?
    >> Should I just trash the NetGear and buy something else? If so, what??
    >>
    >> Any and all help will be appreciated but please keep it simple I only speak
    >> basic "computer".
    >>
    >> Thanks.

Wireless Netgear USB Adapter Wireless Networking