Kernel32.dll

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
January 20, 2005 4:13:06 PM

During startup, I get this error message.
Lucomserver has caused an error in Kernel32.dll
Lucomserver will now close.

How do I go about correcting this?

More about : kernel32 dll

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:42:48 AM

Lucomserver is part of Symantec's LiveUpdate. Try reinstalling and then
reinstalling whatever Symantec software you are using or, better, give you
PC a break and uninstall the software and look for an alternative that is
more compatible with the Win Me operating system.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

hprusik <hprusik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> During startup, I get this error message.
> Lucomserver has caused an error in Kernel32.dll
> Lucomserver will now close.
>
> How do I go about correcting this?
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:55:48 AM

As Mike stated it's part of Symantec Live Update, it's looking for an
internet connection when the pc boots. See if this can help:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/d3c....

Or simply disable Live Update. Do you really need that thing runing in
the background? Just do your updates manually instead.

John

!