Kernel32.dll

During startup, I get this error message.
Lucomserver has caused an error in Kernel32.dll
Lucomserver will now close.

How do I go about correcting this?
2 answers Last reply
More about kernel32

    Lucomserver is part of Symantec's LiveUpdate. Try reinstalling and then
    reinstalling whatever Symantec software you are using or, better, give you
    PC a break and uninstall the software and look for an alternative that is
    more compatible with the Win Me operating system.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    hprusik <hprusik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > During startup, I get this error message.
    > Lucomserver has caused an error in Kernel32.dll
    > Lucomserver will now close.
    >
    > How do I go about correcting this?

    As Mike stated it's part of Symantec Live Update, it's looking for an
    internet connection when the pc boots. See if this can help:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/d3c44a1678bd8f45852566aa005902cb/8aed069395045b0088256b260071afb8?OpenDocument&sone=nav_2002_tasks.html&stg=3%E2%88%8F=Norton+AntiVirus&ver=2002+for+Windows+2000/NT/Me/98/XP&base=http%3A//www.symantec.

    Or simply disable Live Update. Do you really need that thing runing in
    the background? Just do your updates manually instead.

    John

    hprusik wrote:

    > During startup, I get this error message.
    > Lucomserver has caused an error in Kernel32.dll
    > Lucomserver will now close.
    >
    > How do I go about correcting this?

Kernel32 Microsoft Error Message DLL Windows