small display

noname

the display on my monitor is shortened horizontally(black areas on both
sides, more so on right). the control buttons used to expand screen
vertically or horizontally can only further reduce the size. Help needed.
thanks

> .... the control buttons used to expand screen

Are you referring to the control buttons on the Monitor? These are the one
required to expand and position the display.

However, if these are the ones you were referring to, then what screen size
and resolution have you got set in your Display Properties \ Settings? Your
Video card *may not* be capable of displaying that setting.

Has this only recently happened? If so, did you alter any setting prior to
this happening. A System Restore *might* restore the display for you.

Mart

=?Utf-8?B?bm9uYW1l?= <noname@discussions.microsoft.com> in

> the display on my monitor is shortened horizontally(black areas on
> both sides, more so on right). the control buttons used to expand
> screen vertically or horizontally can only further reduce the size.
> Help needed. thanks

depends on model of CRT (monitor, hardware)