Locomotion: Vache and Vineyards

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Anyone got any tips for this scenario? I'm having great difficulty finding
enough funding to build over mountains or across water before the competiton
takes all my trade.

I thought I'd cracked it when I linked 4 vineyards to a single winery, but
discovered that grapes have the shortest shelf life of all products, so by
the time my trains got to the winery the cargo was worth nothing.

Any help would be gratefully received....

Pete

ME

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 09:13:52 +0100, Pete wrote:

> Anyone got any tips for this scenario? I'm having great difficulty finding
> enough funding to build over mountains or across water before the competiton
> takes all my trade.
>
> I thought I'd cracked it when I linked 4 vineyards to a single winery, but
> discovered that grapes have the shortest shelf life of all products, so by
> the time my trains got to the winery the cargo was worth nothing.
>
> Any help would be gratefully received....
>
> Pete

Leave grapes well alone, no money in them at all!

You can make plenty of money with livestock and grain. Build a town up so
it accepts food and then after that point, you're rating will soar.

"Me" <me@me.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 09:13:52 +0100, Pete wrote:
>

> Leave grapes well alone, no money in them at all!
>
> You can make plenty of money with livestock and grain. Build a town up so
> it accepts food and then after that point, you're rating will soar.

Cheers, will try that.

Pete

ME

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:45:15 +0100, Pete wrote:

> Thanks for all the tips guys. I completed the scenario in 9 years 10
> months, initially using ships and farms close to food factories.
>
> I also discovered another tip on the way. I could build far more railways
> by hugging hillsides rather than using large bridges. I therefore saved a
> lot of money by planning a route properly, allowing me to build more
> railways more quickly.
>
> Pete

In General you should aim to be near level. lowering or raising land a few
height levels is cheaper than tunneling/bridge building. But tunneling is
cheaper than high bridges. Definitely worth a quick scan to make sure the
heights of the industries you are joining are similar heights with no big
mountains/drops between them. If necessary, take the product further if it
flatter, you will get more money for the same financial outlay.