Two Operating systems

I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?

Thank You

Beau
7 answers Last reply
More about operating systems

    Beau wrote:

    > I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
    > delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?

    Get a third party tool like bootIt ng.

    John

    Giving us a little detail would help - like which two operating systems?
    How did you install them (which order, and what partition/boot manager are
    you currently using)

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "Beau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
    > delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?
    >
    > Thank You
    >
    > Beau

    We need much more info from you, but here is one possible scenerio:

    Removing WinME when dual booting with XP
    Remove a dual boot. #19
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#19
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "Beau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
    > delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?
    >
    > Thank You
    >
    > Beau

    Sorry about that Noel,
    I built a computer for an employee and I prefer ME so I
    used Power Quest Boot Magic. When I first boot up it says
    Boot Magic and gives me two options to choose from ME or
    XP which are on seperate partitions. Only I never use the
    damn thing so I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of
    ME without messing up any of his stuff on XP. Can I just
    delete the partition with ME? If so how do I get there? Oh
    and I no longer have the Boot Magic cd's :-(

    Thank You

    Beau

    Shell/User / DTS
    >Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.a
    spx
    >Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    >------
    >"Beau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
    >> delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?
    >>
    >> Thank You
    >>
    >> Beau
    >

    >.

    Not Noel, but Jack here.

    Your desired simplification process is exactly as I originally offered:

    Removing WinME when dual booting with XP
    Remove a dual boot. #19
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#19
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
    http://michaelstevenstech.com

    There are no "Boot Magic CD's". Boot Magic is the boot manager accompanying
    Partition Magic, a partition manager.
    The previous vendor of Partition Magic, Powerquest, was purchased by
    Symantec in Dec, 2003.

    > Sorry about that Noel,
    > I built a computer for an employee and I prefer ME so I
    > used Power Quest Boot Magic. When I first boot up it says
    > Boot Magic and gives me two options to choose from ME or
    > XP which are on seperate partitions. Only I never use the
    > damn thing so I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of
    > ME without messing up any of his stuff on XP. Can I just
    > delete the partition with ME? If so how do I get there? Oh
    > and I no longer have the Boot Magic cd's :-(
    >
    > Thank You
    >
    > Beau

    The way I'm understanding that is that it will only work
    if both operating systems are on the same partition. But
    they're on two seperate partitions?

    Beau

    Read it again!

    --

    > The way I'm understanding that is that it will only work
    > if both operating systems are on the same partition. But
    > they're on two seperate partitions?
    >
    > Beau

Microsoft Computers Systems Partition Windows