Two Operating systems

beau

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?

Thank You

Beau

Beau wrote:

> I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
> delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?

Get a third party tool like bootIt ng.

John

Giving us a little detail would help - like which two operating systems?
How did you install them (which order, and what partition/boot manager are
you currently using)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"Beau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
> delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?
>
> Thank You
>
> Beau

We need much more info from you, but here is one possible scenerio:

Removing WinME when dual booting with XP
Remove a dual boot. #19
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#19
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Beau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
> delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?
>
> Thank You
>
> Beau

beau

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

Sorry about that Noel,
I built a computer for an employee and I prefer ME so I
used Power Quest Boot Magic. When I first boot up it says
Boot Magic and gives me two options to choose from ME or
XP which are on seperate partitions. Only I never use the
damn thing so I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of
ME without messing up any of his stuff on XP. Can I just
delete the partition with ME? If so how do I get there? Oh
and I no longer have the Boot Magic cd's :-(

Thank You

Beau

Shell/User / DTS
>Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.a
spx
>Your cooperation is very appreciated.
>------
>"Beau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I have two operating systems on this computer. How do I
>> delete one partition without screwing up the other OS?
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> Beau
>

>.

Not Noel, but Jack here.

Your desired simplification process is exactly as I originally offered:

Removing WinME when dual booting with XP
Remove a dual boot. #19
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#19
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
http://michaelstevenstech.com

There are no "Boot Magic CD's". Boot Magic is the boot manager accompanying
Partition Magic, a partition manager.
The previous vendor of Partition Magic, Powerquest, was purchased by
Symantec in Dec, 2003.

> Sorry about that Noel,
> I built a computer for an employee and I prefer ME so I
> used Power Quest Boot Magic. When I first boot up it says
> Boot Magic and gives me two options to choose from ME or
> XP which are on seperate partitions. Only I never use the
> damn thing so I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of
> ME without messing up any of his stuff on XP. Can I just
> delete the partition with ME? If so how do I get there? Oh
> and I no longer have the Boot Magic cd's :-(
>
> Thank You
>
> Beau

beau

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

The way I'm understanding that is that it will only work
if both operating systems are on the same partition. But
they're on two seperate partitions?

Beau

Read it again!