Kernel32.dll

For some reason I am getting continual kernel32.dll errors whenever I close
applications. It may happen when I close IE or when I close netscape or some
other applications. Doesn't happen every time just most times. Also when the
error screeen comes up and you click on close nothing happens.
Cntr, Alt, Del also do not work. The computer is FROZEN.
The only way out is to switch off at the mains. I have tried system restore
and that hasn't solved the peoblem.
Any ideas?
Thnx
5 answers Last reply
More about kernel32

    Begin by running some free software memory tests:

    Memory testers

    DocMemory 2.0
    http://www.simmtester.com

    Memtest86
    http://www.memtest86.com

    Followup with http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/kernel32.htm

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "dazednconfuzed" <dazednconfuzed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For some reason I am getting continual kernel32.dll errors whenever I
    close
    > applications. It may happen when I close IE or when I close netscape or
    some
    > other applications. Doesn't happen every time just most times. Also when
    the
    > error screeen comes up and you click on close nothing happens.
    > Cntr, Alt, Del also do not work. The computer is FROZEN.
    > The only way out is to switch off at the mains. I have tried system
    restore
    > and that hasn't solved the peoblem.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thnx

    "dazednconfuzed" <dazednconfuzed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >For some reason I am getting continual kernel32.dll errors whenever I close
    >applications. It may happen when I close IE or when I close netscape or some
    >other applications. Doesn't happen every time just most times. Also when the
    >error screeen comes up and you click on close nothing happens.
    >Cntr, Alt, Del also do not work. The computer is FROZEN.
    >The only way out is to switch off at the mains. I have tried system restore
    >and that hasn't solved the peoblem.
    >Any ideas?
    >Thnx

    1. Next time one the errors happen press Alt+D to bring up the
    Detailed Error Message. Copy the first part of the detailed error
    message, up to the word Registers:, and post that infomation back
    here.

    2. See MVP Jim Eshelman's web page for Kernel32 errors at
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/kernel32.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Thnx Ron & Jack,
    using a combination of various applications I think I have solved the
    problem (fingures crossed) as I have been running now for several hours with
    no lock ups or crashes.
    Will go to the sites suggested and use the apps for analysis.

    Thnx

    dazedncofuzed

    "Ron Martell" wrote:

    > "dazednconfuzed" <dazednconfuzed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >For some reason I am getting continual kernel32.dll errors whenever I close
    > >applications. It may happen when I close IE or when I close netscape or some
    > >other applications. Doesn't happen every time just most times. Also when the
    > >error screeen comes up and you click on close nothing happens.
    > >Cntr, Alt, Del also do not work. The computer is FROZEN.
    > >The only way out is to switch off at the mains. I have tried system restore
    > >and that hasn't solved the peoblem.
    > >Any ideas?
    > >Thnx
    >
    > 1. Next time one the errors happen press Alt+D to bring up the
    > Detailed Error Message. Copy the first part of the detailed error
    > message, up to the word Registers:, and post that infomation back
    > here.
    >
    > 2. See MVP Jim Eshelman's web page for Kernel32 errors at
    > http://aumha.org/win4/a/kernel32.htm
    >

    > Good luck
    >

    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    I seem to be getting the same error message. I tried the listed suggestions
    but nothing helped. When the error came up I did Alt-D and received the
    following:

    EXPLORER caused a stack fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 016f:bff64277.
    Registers:
    EAX=82313f08 CS=016f EIP=bff64277 EFLGS=00000287
    EBX=05f99f94 SS=0177 ESP=05f99f78 EBP=05f99fb6
    ECX=ec8e4750 DS=0177 ESI=05f99fb0 FS=317f
    EDX=0001dd04 ES=0177 EDI=00007fb0 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    eb 95 8b 54 24 04 50 e8 04 00 00 00 58 c2 04 00
    Stack dump:
    bff64283 00000000 bff43c09 0001dd04 00000000 00000001 05f99f9c 62ef7f98
    09973f5a ffffffff ffffa22c 00000000 00001012 000004f4 800c62ef 7fdc800c

    Any clues?

    Much appreciated,

    Rob

    "dazednconfuzed" wrote:

    > For some reason I am getting continual kernel32.dll errors whenever I close
    > applications. It may happen when I close IE or when I close netscape or some
    > other applications. Doesn't happen every time just most times. Also when the
    > error screeen comes up and you click on close nothing happens.
    > Cntr, Alt, Del also do not work. The computer is FROZEN.
    > The only way out is to switch off at the mains. I have tried system restore
    > and that hasn't solved the peoblem.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thnx

    I have no idea what listed suggestions you tried but try here:

    Troubleshooting Kernel32.dll errors (JAE):
    http://aumha.org/a/k32fix.htm
    Troubleshooting Kernel32.dll errors:
    http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32.html

    ....Alan
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:15:01 -0700, "rschneed"
    <rschneed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I seem to be getting the same error message. I tried the listed suggestions
    >but nothing helped. When the error came up I did Alt-D and received the
    >following:
    >

    >EXPLORER caused a stack fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 016f:bff64277.

Kernel32 DLL Windows