windows protection error you need to restart

Hi,

I have a friend who has windows me. He gets an error (blue screen) windows
protection error you need to restart windows. He has had the system for
awhile, only thing I find on Microsofts website is about during setup. (they
say they have a fix for this specific problem, but you have to contact them,
?) (It is out of warranty)
This problem was for a network issue, which he doens't use a network.

Tried safe mode and it gives the same problem? Can't get into System
Restore.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about windows protection error restart

    Try getting into System Restore this way.....
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=279736

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a friend who has windows me. He gets an error (blue screen) windows
    > protection error you need to restart windows. He has had the system for
    > awhile, only thing I find on Microsofts website is about during setup.
    > (they say they have a fix for this specific problem, but you have to
    > contact them, ?) (It is out of warranty)
    > This problem was for a network issue, which he doens't use a network.
    >

    > Tried safe mode and it gives the same problem? Can't get into System
    > Restore.
    >
    > Thanks

    What if he doesn't have a start up disc?

    > Try getting into System Restore this way.....
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=279736
    >
    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a friend who has windows me. He gets an error (blue screen)
    >> windows protection error you need to restart windows. He has had the
    >> system for awhile, only thing I find on Microsofts website is about
    >> during setup. (they say they have a fix for this specific problem, but
    >> you have to contact them, ?) (It is out of warranty)
    >> This problem was for a network issue, which he doens't use a network.
    >>

    >> Tried safe mode and it gives the same problem? Can't get into System
    >> Restore.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    If he does not have this disk, or is unable to make one himself (see How to
    Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me) -
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267287 )

    Then he can download an image and make one from www.bootdisk.com . Be sure
    to read the instructions.

    Mart

    > What if he doesn't have a start up disc?
    >
    > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    >> Try getting into System Restore this way.....
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=279736
    >>
    >> --
    >> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >>
    >> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    >>
    >> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
    >>
    >> "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a friend who has windows me. He gets an error (blue screen)
    >>> windows protection error you need to restart windows. He has had the
    >>> system for awhile, only thing I find on Microsofts website is about
    >>> during setup. (they say they have a fix for this specific problem, but
    >>> you have to contact them, ?) (It is out of warranty)
    >>> This problem was for a network issue, which he doens't use a network.
    >>>

    >>> Tried safe mode and it gives the same problem? Can't get into System
    >>> Restore.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    The problem is he can't get into windows me, which is the main problem
    he can't get to the restore. the problem is

    Windows protection error, you need to restart.

    Same thing when he tries safe mode.

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > If he does not have this disk, or is unable to make one himself (see How
    > to Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me) -
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267287 )
    >
    > Then he can download an image and make one from www.bootdisk.com . Be sure
    > to read the instructions.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "brucefl" <thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message
    >> What if he doesn't have a start up disc?
    >>
    >> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    >>> Try getting into System Restore this way.....
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=279736
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >>>
    >>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    >>>
    >>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
    >>> NG's
    >>>
    >>> "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message

    In which case can't you perhaps download the image and make the boot
    floppy for him?
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    brucefl <thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote:

    > The problem is he can't get into windows me, which is the main problem
    > he can't get to the restore. the problem is
    >
    > Windows protection error, you need to restart.
    >
    > Same thing when he tries safe mode.

Windows