Wireless G Router works through ethernet, but not wireless..

Hi, I was just messing around with some cords on my computer and
accidentally unplugged my Linksys Wireless-G broadband router from my
computer. however, I've re-hooked it to the wall and my PC, and it
seems to pull up a good system fine. However, my laptop(with wireless
card) does not seem to recognize a wireless connection. What would be
the problem here? Thanks in advance, I know I shouldn't be unplugging
things, but oh well, right?

Go to the router configuration page and check to see if the wireless
was turned OFF on the router... Also, on your laptop, can you
actually see a signal (using Site Monitor or other support functions
of your client wireless card)?
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

On 9 Jul 2005 16:31:08 -0700, "mrharrymason" <mrharrymason@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi, I was just messing around with some cords on my computer and
>accidentally unplugged my Linksys Wireless-G broadband router from my
>computer. however, I've re-hooked it to the wall and my PC, and it
>seems to pull up a good system fine. However, my laptop(with wireless
>card) does not seem to recognize a wireless connection. What would be
>the problem here? Thanks in advance, I know I shouldn't be unplugging
>things, but oh well, right?

If you are not displaying any available networks do these things; Make sure
ssid broadcast is ON (default setting) Repair the connection, locate the
wireless card in the device manager and delete the profile, restart your
computer. let xp reinstall the drivers. if none of that works try the laptop
at some place with a guaranteed functional wireless connection (ie airport
or cafe) to identify the problem further, (router or wireless adapter)

tell me if it works?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Friendly" <derekthestud@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you are not displaying any available networks do these things; Make
sure
> ssid broadcast is ON (default setting) Repair the connection, locate the
> wireless card in the device manager and delete the profile, restart your
> computer. let xp reinstall the drivers. if none of that works try the
laptop
> at some place with a guaranteed functional wireless connection (ie airport
> or cafe) to identify the problem further, (router or wireless adapter)
>
> tell me if it works?

Ive got Linksys wireless-g. The wireless was on by default for me, go to
http://192.168.1.1/ and see if yours is.

Latest posts