windows protection error

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
November 1, 2004 10:23:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

Hi,
I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now and have
managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am baffled as to
what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 1, 2004 3:18:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

This article might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;149962

"retro_cal" <elvis@graceland.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now and have
> managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am baffled as to
> what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 1, 2004 4:40:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

"retro_cal" <elvis@graceland.net> wrote in message...
> I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now
> and have managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am
> baffled as to what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?

Erm, not unless you throw us a bit of a bone about the circumstances of the
error, and indeed your system. We're not psychic you know.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

a b B Homebuilt system
November 2, 2004 3:42:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

well I've done nothing out of the ordinary on the pc. Just switched it on
and BOOM! (not literally) it ain't working just the message.
Windows ME
Abit kr7a-raid
512RAM
xp1600+ cpu
Radeon 9600 Pro
Soundblaster Audigy.

Anything else??

"Richard Hopkins" <richh@dsl.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> "retro_cal" <elvis@graceland.net> wrote in message...
> > I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now
> > and have managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am
> > baffled as to what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?
>
> Erm, not unless you throw us a bit of a bone about the circumstances of
the
> error, and indeed your system. We're not psychic you know.
> --
>

> Richard Hopkins
> Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
> (replace .nospam with .com in reply address)
>
> The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
> Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com

November 2, 2004 3:21:03 PM

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 07:23:46 GMT, "retro_cal" <elvis@graceland.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now and have
>managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am baffled as to
>what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?

Registry stuff.. Can be bad memory, damaged harddrive, overclocked
cpu, fan failure and of course windows itself. And although i like the
last one best, my guess its bad memory, if its not older than 1 year.

Tom
!