windows protection error

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

Hi,
I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now and have
managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am baffled as to
what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows protection error
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    This article might help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;149962

    "retro_cal" <elvis@graceland.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now and have
    > managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am baffled as to
    > what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    "retro_cal" <elvis@graceland.net> wrote in message...
    > I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now
    > and have managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am
    > baffled as to what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?

    Erm, not unless you throw us a bit of a bone about the circumstances of the
    error, and indeed your system. We're not psychic you know.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    well I've done nothing out of the ordinary on the pc. Just switched it on
    and BOOM! (not literally) it ain't working just the message.
    Windows ME
    Abit kr7a-raid
    512RAM
    xp1600+ cpu
    Radeon 9600 Pro
    Soundblaster Audigy.

    Anything else??

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 07:23:46 GMT, "retro_cal" <elvis@graceland.net>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I've had a Windows Protection Error occur twice on my pc now and have
    >managed to get out of it by restoring the registry. But am baffled as to
    >what causes this. Can anyone enlighten me?

    Registry stuff.. Can be bad memory, damaged harddrive, overclocked
    cpu, fan failure and of course windows itself. And although i like the
    last one best, my guess its bad memory, if its not older than 1 year.

    Tom

Homebuilt Hardware Registry Systems