Highlighting Text.

Suddenly after more than two years use, for no apparent
reason, I find that I can no longer highlight text by
using Shift and arrow keys.

Fortunately, I can stil highlight using mouse pointer.

I assume there must be some setting that has been
disturbed but I am not aware of doing anything
deliberately.

Please advise what adjustments are needed or where I
should take my enquiry.

Regards and thanks in hope.

Have you tried a different keyboard?