Question: Outlook Express & newsgroups

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Every time I check for new messages here, OE tells me that "new newsgroups
are available". Like I care.
Is there a way to disable these annoying alerts?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about question outlook express newsgroups
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    Op Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:03:27 -0400 schreef Ark:

    > Every time I check for new messages here, OE tells me that "new newsgroups
    > are available". Like I care.
    > Is there a way to disable these annoying alerts?

    Tools>Options>General>remove tick at 'Warn if there are new newsgroups'.

    --
    Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
    jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl

    New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
    Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
    The greater danger is not that our target is too high and we cannot reach
    it, but that it's too low and we will reach it.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    Thanks!

    It was so simple and I missed it... Grrr

    "Afoklala" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
    > Op Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:03:27 -0400 schreef Ark:
    >
    > > Every time I check for new messages here, OE tells me that "new
    newsgroups
    > > are available". Like I care.
    > > Is there a way to disable these annoying alerts?
    > >
    > Tools>Options>General>remove tick at 'Warn if there are new newsgroups'.
    >
    > --
    > Jan Willem from Odijk, Netherlands
    > jw dot van dot dormolen at hccnet dot nl
    >
    > New to this newsgroup? Please read the Frequently Asked
    > Questions (FAQ) at <http://www.tt-forums.net/faq/>. Thanks.
    > The greater danger is not that our target is too high and we cannot reach
    > it, but that it's too low and we will reach it.

Outlook Express Newsgroup Games Video Games