Sempron 2400 vs Celeron 2.4 GHz ?

Hi, it's been about 4 or 5 years since I've put together a system and
I haven't kept up with the technology much. I'm thinking of either
trying to build a new PC or buying a bare bones system and don't know
which processor to go with ? Would the AMD Sempron 2400 be roughly
equivalent to the Celeron 2.4 GHz even though it operates at a lower
speed ( I think it's 1.8 GHz ?) This is just going to be a internet
PC. Actually my old AMD K6II 450 that I built seems to do just fine,
maybe I'm just wanting to spend money ? :)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gary
2 answers Last reply
More about sempron 2400 celeron

    The Sempron 2400+ is a much better performer than the Celeron 2.4 ghz.

    http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2139&p=6

    A much better value than a Sempron 2400+ if you are on a low budget
    is an Athlon XP 2600+. I believe the XP2600+ chips are no longer
    being produced, and may not be available much longer.

    Gary wrote:

    > Hi, it's been about 4 or 5 years since I've put together a system and
    > I haven't kept up with the technology much. I'm thinking of either
    > trying to build a new PC or buying a bare bones system and don't know
    > which processor to go with ? Would the AMD Sempron 2400 be roughly
    > equivalent to the Celeron 2.4 GHz even though it operates at a lower
    > speed ( I think it's 1.8 GHz ?) This is just going to be a internet
    > PC. Actually my old AMD K6II 450 that I built seems to do just fine,
    > maybe I'm just wanting to spend money ? :)
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Gary

    Gary:

    > Would the AMD Sempron 2400 be roughly
    > equivalent to the Celeron 2.4 GHz even though it operates at a lower
    > speed ( I think it's 1.8 GHz ?)

    Check xbitlabs.com for some benchmarks

    --
    Mac Cool