Sempron 2400 vs Celeron 2.4 GHz ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 2, 2004 12:02:41 AM

Hi, it's been about 4 or 5 years since I've put together a system and
I haven't kept up with the technology much. I'm thinking of either
trying to build a new PC or buying a bare bones system and don't know
which processor to go with ? Would the AMD Sempron 2400 be roughly
equivalent to the Celeron 2.4 GHz even though it operates at a lower
speed ( I think it's 1.8 GHz ?) This is just going to be a internet
PC. Actually my old AMD K6II 450 that I built seems to do just fine,
maybe I'm just wanting to spend money ? :)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gary
November 2, 2004 12:47:25 AM

The Sempron 2400+ is a much better performer than the Celeron 2.4 ghz.

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2139&p=...

A much better value than a Sempron 2400+ if you are on a low budget
is an Athlon XP 2600+. I believe the XP2600+ chips are no longer
being produced, and may not be available much longer.

Gary wrote:

> Hi, it's been about 4 or 5 years since I've put together a system and
> I haven't kept up with the technology much. I'm thinking of either
> trying to build a new PC or buying a bare bones system and don't know
> which processor to go with ? Would the AMD Sempron 2400 be roughly
> equivalent to the Celeron 2.4 GHz even though it operates at a lower
> speed ( I think it's 1.8 GHz ?) This is just going to be a internet
> PC. Actually my old AMD K6II 450 that I built seems to do just fine,
> maybe I'm just wanting to spend money ? :)
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Gary
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
November 2, 2004 6:13:44 AM

Gary:

> Would the AMD Sempron 2400 be roughly
> equivalent to the Celeron 2.4 GHz even though it operates at a lower
> speed ( I think it's 1.8 GHz ?)

Check xbitlabs.com for some benchmarks

--
Mac Cool