Three blank pagesI Control Panel/System Restore/Windows Up..

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
January 26, 2005 9:56:36 AM

I am getting a blank pages for Control Panel, System Restore,
and the Windows Update webpage. I have tried reinstalling
Me from the CD, but nothing changes.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Dick
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 6:02:03 PM

Dick,

How did you reinstall Win Me? Was it a clean install, that is to a
freshly formatted disk or partition or did you reinstall Win Me over
itself? If the latter this will not have necessarily repaired damage that
pre-existed. The KB below suggests a possible cause for this problem and
a solution.

See MS KB 309663 - "Control Panel, Help, and System Restore Are Empty or
Partially Empty" (http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=309663).
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com