Maximize

One little problem:
What must be done for IE6 to remember bringing pages back in maximized
state, in order to eliminate the extra click?
It was asked before, but my memory is failing me.
Thanks for your patience.

Harry.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

click on the lower right hand corner of the page.....pull it to where you
want it.....then close it and it should reopen fully.

Heather

"Figgs" wrote:
> click on the lower right hand corner of the page.....pull it to where you
> want it.....then close it and it should reopen fully.

If that doesn't work, snip and past this in your Browser window.
"javascript:window.open(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight)"
- (no quotes) -

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Thank you Heather.
The only thing is, I had to pull the left side too.
But it worked, just couldn't rmember.

Harry.

"Heather" <figgs@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> click on the lower right hand corner of the page.....pull it to where you
> want it.....then close it and it should reopen fully.
>
> Heather
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > One little problem:
> > What must be done for IE6 to remember bringing pages back in maximized
> > state, in order to eliminate the extra click?
> > It was asked before, but my memory is failing me.
> > Thanks for your patience.
> >
> > Harry.

Silj:

Heather's trick worked.
How in the world do you "snip"?

Harry.

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "Figgs" wrote:
> > click on the lower right hand corner of the page.....pull it to where
you
> > want it.....then close it and it should reopen fully.
>
> If that doesn't work, snip and past this in your Browser window.
> "javascript:window.open(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight)"
> - (no quotes) -
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I forgot to tell you to move it over to the top left and then pull it over
and down.....and all that jazz!! (G)

We should start something like "Heather's Hints" or "Noel's Notes" or
"Joan's Jottings" or some such. Sorry, Mike.....couldn't think of an "M"
word other than 'musings, mnemonics, and memory', lol.

Shane comes up with amazing little hints. I like the one to stop ghastly
music on a website (such as opera, cough)....hit the Esc key and it's gone.
Loverley. ® Shane, grin.

Figgs

> Thank you Heather.
> The only thing is, I had to pull the left side too.
> But it worked, just couldn't rmember.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Heather" <figgs@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> > click on the lower right hand corner of the page.....pull it to where
you
> > want it.....then close it and it should reopen fully.
> >
> > Heather
> >
> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > > One little problem:
> > > What must be done for IE6 to remember bringing pages back in maximized
> > > state, in order to eliminate the extra click?
> > > It was asked before, but my memory is failing me.
> > > Thanks for your patience.
> > >
> > > Harry.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Highlight and copy, is what he meant Harry.

Heather wrote:

> We should start something like "Heather's Hints" or "Noel's Notes" or
> "Joan's Jottings" or some such. Sorry, Mike.....couldn't think of an "M"
> word other than 'musings, mnemonics, and memory', lol.

"musings".. picture of Mike on an old highback chair smoking a pipe...
with a brandy snifter (full of Guinness) Tiffany lamp on a sidetable
(illuminating a busted hard-drive), Irish Wolfhound by his feet (chowing
down on an Intellimouse), etc.

rick

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

"Joan's Jottings" or some such. Sorry, Mike.....couldn't think of an "M"
word other than 'musings, mnemonics, and memory', lol.<<<<

> "musings".. picture of Mike on an old highback chair smoking a pipe... >
with a brandy snifter (full of Guinness) Tiffany lamp on a sidetable
> (illuminating a busted hard-drive), Irish Wolfhound by his feet (chowing >
down on an Intellimouse), etc.

LOL......not quite right, but I will let Mike tell you. Try a cat instead
of an Irish Wolfhound.....goes better with the *mouse*.

Heather

<lol> Don't think the wolfhound would go very well in Mikes flat, not
enough room <vbg>
Joan

Rick T wrote:

> "musings".. picture of Mike on an old highback chair smoking a pipe...
> with a brandy snifter (full of Guinness) Tiffany lamp on a sidetable
> (illuminating a busted hard-drive), Irish Wolfhound by his feet (chowing
> down on an Intellimouse), etc.
>

> rick

Some of you know a lot more than the rest of us ... .
Hopefully, the group will someday include me, too.
Perhaps, shortly after T. Blair is history, and a visit to London doesn't
feel so much like a trip to an outpost of Washington, D.C.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Joan Archer" <Joan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> <lol> Don't think the wolfhound would go very well in Mikes flat, not
> enough room <vbg>
> Joan

<snip>

Heather wrote:
> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>"musings".. picture of Mike on an old highback chair smoking a pipe...
>> with a brandy snifter (full of Guinness) Tiffany lamp on a sidetable
>>(illuminating a busted hard-drive), Irish Wolfhound by his feet (chowing >
>> down on an Intellimouse), etc.
>
> LOL......not quite right, but I will let Mike tell you. Try a cat instead
> of an Irish Wolfhound.....goes better with the *mouse*.

but that would give it a "Dr Evil" flavour rather than "Gentleman of
Leisure, Philanthropic"... Wolfhound<>keyboard then.

Rick
(i have 4 cats, every picture with them and me at least one of the
subjects looks to be trying to "take over the world" and it's not always me)

Jack:

No reason to feel left out. You are at the head of the group and everyone
else here will certainly and whole heartedly agree with me.
Your comments on Blair make feel a lot better.
Thanks for being here.

Harry.

> Some of you know a lot more than the rest of us ... .
> Hopefully, the group will someday include me, too.
> Perhaps, shortly after T. Blair is history, and a visit to London doesn't
> feel so much like a trip to an outpost of Washington, D.C.

> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "Joan Archer" <Joan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > <lol> Don't think the wolfhound would go very well in Mikes flat, not
> > enough room <vbg>
> > Joan
> >
> <snip>

That's 'more than the doctor ordered', Silj, but I'll take it any day.
Thanks for the 'goodies'.

> The tip is here, Figgs.
> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm
> Scroll, highlight and copy or, snip & paste :eek:)
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

So "snip" means highlighting. Had no idea, Heather.
But when I highlight, I can only copy or print, the 'paste' is blank. Why
would that be?
And when I click on copy, nothing happens. Why not?
As you can see, I have a bucketful of questions, no matter
what subject you choose.

> Highlight and copy, is what he meant Harry.
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Silj:
> >
> > Heather's trick worked.
> > How in the world do you "snip"?
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > you
> > >
> > > If that doesn't work, snip and past this in your Browser window.
> > > "javascript:window.open(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight)"
> > > - (no quotes) -
> > >
> > > Silj
> > >
> > > --
> > > siljaline
> > >
> > > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
> > > Security Tools Updates
> > > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> > >
> > > (Reply to group, as return address
> > > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Rick commented.....
> (i have 4 cats, every picture with them and me at least one of the
> subjects looks to be trying to "take over the world" and it's not always
me)

Chuckle.....I have the King of Cats......he weighs 17 lbs. and KNOWS he
rules this house!! Not to mention the world. I should write a book on his
hilarious antics.

He wakes Ron up at 6 am because he doesn't understand the word
"retired".....he then escorts him to the bathroom and politely waits outside
the door.

He won't use his kitty litter in the morning until Ron cleans it out. He
waits patiently beside it with his furry little legs crossed and yaps at him
if he thinks he is too slow.

Not to mention that he thinks 3 am is the 'perfect time' to wake us up to
play ball with him. Why not? He sleeps all day. (G)

And you have 4 of them?? Sheesh!!

Heather

> Heather wrote:
> > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>

> >>"musings".. picture of Mike on an old highback chair smoking a pipe...
> >> with a brandy snifter (full of Guinness) Tiffany lamp on a sidetable
> >>(illuminating a busted hard-drive), Irish Wolfhound by his feet (chowing
>
> >> down on an Intellimouse), etc.
> >
> > LOL......not quite right, but I will let Mike tell you. Try a cat
instead
> > of an Irish Wolfhound.....goes better with the *mouse*.
>
> but that would give it a "Dr Evil" flavour rather than "Gentleman of
> Leisure, Philanthropic"... Wolfhound<>keyboard then.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Highlight a line. Put the cursor on the highlighted part and right click.
Click on Copy. Go to where you want to paste it and left click on that
spot......right click & hit paste. You can use the boxes on the top bar for
copy and paste as well.

Or if you wish to use keyboard commands, highlight, hit Ctrl +C, then to
paste it....click where you want it and hit Ctrl +V.

Cheers.....Heather

Heather wrote:

> And you have 4 of them?? Sheesh!!

bossy female types, all, too. And none of them have been out in a
couple weeks.

pat

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

> Heather wrote:
>

> > And you have 4 of them?? Sheesh!!
>
> bossy female types, all, too. And none of them have been out in a
> couple weeks.

Looks good on ya......that's what you get for having bossy females, grin.
Casey won't venture outside the door either. Getting a little antsy too.

Heather