msn messenger, no voice

Using MSN Messenger 6.2.0137. Whenever I try to initiate or Accept a voice
chat request, Messenger locks up. I am not sure when this problem started,
but it used to work just fine. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have
since disabled the older Windows Messenger (did the Registry tricks that
have been posted). But I do believe that the voice chat still worked in MSN
Messenger 6.x after that. Now I am not sure what the problem is.

Ogg wrote:
> Using MSN Messenger 6.2.0137. Whenever I try to initiate or Accept a voice
> chat request, Messenger locks up. I am not sure when this problem started,
> but it used to work just fine. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have
> since disabled the older Windows Messenger (did the Registry tricks that
> have been posted). But I do believe that the voice chat still worked in MSN
> Messenger 6.x after that. Now I am not sure what the problem is.

Windows Messaging Service has nothing to do with MSN Messenger or any
other chat-interface; it's a Windows internal messaging system.

sry, I know pretty well zilch about MSN Messenger.

Rick T wrote:
> Windows Messaging Service has nothing to do with MSN Messenger or any
> other chat-interface; it's a Windows internal messaging system.

Windows MessengER is not the same as Windows MessengING.