KB828026

I have install the following windows update KB828026 numerous times and
every time the update is successful according to WU installation history.
But Automatic Updates keeps downloading and installing this update. And
every time I visit WU, this update still wants to be installed. Is there a
way this can stop happening.

--
William

Download a copy of the patch from the link in the associated KB article
KB828026 "Update for Windows Media Player URL script command behavior"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828026), making sure that you download
the version for use with Win Me. Now boot into Safe Mode and with no
other application open or running, install the patch. It should hopefully
now "take".
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

WTC <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have install the following windows update KB828026 numerous times
> and every time the update is successful according to WU installation
> history. But Automatic Updates keeps downloading and installing this
> update. And every time I visit WU, this update still wants to be
> installed. Is there a way this can stop happening.

Smirnoff

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

WTC wrote:
> I have install the following windows update KB828026 numerous times
> and every time the update is successful according to WU installation
> history. But Automatic Updates keeps downloading and installing this
> update. And every time I visit WU, this update still wants to be
> installed. Is there a way this can stop happening.

It's due to a corrupt Windows Media Player 9 file.
Uninstall WMP9
Search for and delete all instances of WMP.DLL files
Reinstall WMP9
Reinstall update

> Download a copy of the patch from the link in the associated KB article
> KB828026 "Update for Windows Media Player URL script command behavior"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828026), making sure that you download
> the version for use with Win Me. Now boot into Safe Mode and with no
> other application open or running, install the patch. It should hopefully
> now "take".
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com

This did not work. Thanks for trying.

--
William

"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> WTC wrote:
>> I have install the following windows update KB828026 numerous times
>> and every time the update is successful according to WU installation
>> history. But Automatic Updates keeps downloading and installing this
>> update. And every time I visit WU, this update still wants to be
>> installed. Is there a way this can stop happening.
>
> It's due to a corrupt Windows Media Player 9 file.
> Uninstall WMP9
> Search for and delete all instances of WMP.DLL files
> Reinstall WMP9
> Reinstall update

Thanks, your solution worked.

--
William

Smirnoff

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

WTC wrote:
> "Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> WTC wrote:
>>> I have install the following windows update KB828026 numerous times
>>> and every time the update is successful according to WU installation
>>> history. But Automatic Updates keeps downloading and installing this
>>> update. And every time I visit WU, this update still wants to be
>>> installed. Is there a way this can stop happening.
>>
>> It's due to a corrupt Windows Media Player 9 file.
>> Uninstall WMP9
>> Search for and delete all instances of WMP.DLL files
>> Reinstall WMP9
>> Reinstall update
>>

> Thanks, your solution worked.

You're welcome.