Error in NVDISP.DRV and Error in NVIDIA.DRV

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
January 28, 2005 12:11:03 PM

Recently started getting error messages as noted in subject line -
Would upgrading to XP resolve these issues or must they be addressed prior
to upgrade?
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 8:18:06 PM

Try updating the nVidia drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_66.94

I'm running these ones (the latest) with Win98 and ME, no problems.

Zee

"evelerdc" <evelerdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A336126-90E4-41B3-81FD-6218B0890507@microsoft.com...
> Recently started getting error messages as noted in subject line -
> Would upgrading to XP resolve these issues or must they be addressed prior
> to upgrade?

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 8:23:29 PM

"evelerdc" <evelerdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently started getting error messages as noted in subject line -
> Would upgrading to XP resolve these issues or must they be addressed prior
> to upgrade?

Those files refer to your graphics card drivers. I would strongly suggest
addressing the issue prior to upgrading to XP by downloading and installing
the latest drivers for your card from www.nvidia.com.
See if that helps.

Steve
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:47:37 AM

Ditto here. Note that the current nVidia package has everything for
everybody; it's one package.
Runs an Asus FX5200 AGP card under WinME just fine here.

However, Mike M has frequently posted a caveat re: this nVidia driver set
which I can't locate just now.
Perhaps he will repost it here soon.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------