Help
I had my new system all planned with either the amd64 3000+ Newcastle
or the 3200 Winchester and a asusK8vse motherboard. Now that pci is on
the way would I be better off waiting because I understand also that
for my use - office and the odd game I would not see any advantage.
Could someone also tell me about the K8N board please.

Thanks

Smokeyone

"Smokeyone" <mailstarclipper@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Help
> I had my new system all planned with either the amd64 3000+ Newcastle
> or the 3200 Winchester and a asusK8vse motherboard. Now that pci is on
> the way would I be better off waiting because I understand also that
> for my use - office and the odd game I would not see any advantage.
> Could someone also tell me about the K8N board please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Smokeyone

Your next major upgrade after the AMD64 3000 system you had planned will
involve (most likely) a CPU and motherboard, at the very least. Most people
would upgrade a video card also. So PCI Express is not a good excuse to
hold off building. If you build right now though, don't spend more than a
hundred bucks or so on a AGP format video card. Heck, I'd even hesitate to
spend a lot of money on a PCI Express video card, also. Wait until the
technology has been out a while, had the kinks worked out, before you throw
a lot of money at it. IMHO -Dave